Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 12 posts
4/4/2016 at 9:37 PM

And only 22 years old?

4/5/2016 at 12:16 AM

Updated the death date for you.

4/5/2016 at 4:07 AM

Okay, I missed the age at death, but while this profile is being discussed, I have a question about the profile. Why is her display name shown as Hannah EMERY when her birth name was Hannah WEBSTER and her married name was Hannah EMERSON. I know that John EMERY Sr. was her step-father, but is there some documentation of how she was called?

4/5/2016 at 7:48 AM

Someone needs to tell me. I see contradictory sources on marriages

Married Michael Emerson 4/11/1657. Before that married John Emery 10/2/1648.

Which can't be right, & this source has married aft 1715 to john emery

http://www.familyrecord.net/getperson.php?personID=I5322&tree=C...

4/15/2016 at 8:22 AM

Erica, the profile of the "John Emery" supposedly married to Hannah (Webster) Emerson has his birth c. 1715. Even if this were late by several years, it would still make this Hannah (Webster) Emerson literally a cradle-robber, marrying someone 60-some years her junior. There seems to be a possibility that her sister Mary Webster married a John Emery (who is profiled here as John Emery , although I have also seen notes that state this John Emery's wife Mary was not his step-sister Mary Webster. I am uncertain either way. I am descended from Hannah (Webster) Emerson and her husband Michael Emerson through their daughter Hannah (Emerson) Dustin. I am descended from Hannah (Webster) Emerson's step-sister Eleanor (Emery) Bailey. I also see a profile for a "Hannah Emery" married to a "<private> Emerson" here: Hannah Emerson . This is according to my understanding not correct. The Hannah who married Michael Emerson was a Hannah Webster, daughter of John Webster and Mary Shatswell/Shotswell/Shotwell. Mary Shatswell/Shotswell/Shotwell married as both her 2nd husband and his 2nd wife John Emery, of Newbury .

4/15/2016 at 8:26 AM

Also, I am not sure about any of the suffixes on these John Emerys. That is to say, I do not know if the the John Emery III and the John Emery IV profiles are correctly showing them as the 3rd and the 4th.

4/15/2016 at 8:55 AM

Well, it looks like the Emery tree needs to be worked on. Starting with disconnecting the impossible John Emery b 1715 (maybe it's a typo) (marriage date 11/24/1715) from Hannah Emerson probably the right spot to place him will emerge.

4/15/2016 at 9:00 AM

Judith "Judi" Elaine (McKee) Burns could I trouble you to come take a look at Emery / Emerson intersection ?

I will also look at the good work done here:

https://www.geni.com/projects/Descendants-of-John-and-Anthony-Emery...

4/15/2016 at 3:18 PM

I think some one has not carefully read this about Hannah Webster Emerson thus adding her another husband her step-father by error

Michael Emerson married April 1, 1657, Hannah, daughter of John and Mary (Satchwell) Webster. Her father was an early settler at Ipswich and a valuable citizen; after his death Mrs. Webster married second, John Emery. She had three brothers, Satchwells, who came to the same plantation and proved worthy men

I have adde some things into Hannh's profile about me and also will move them over to Michael's

4/15/2016 at 4:22 PM

Thanks Judi! I'm crazy busy and didn't want this to slide.

4/15/2016 at 5:10 PM

recheck it see what you think
have one more link on Stephen Bartlett connection to make :-)

4/15/2016 at 5:43 PM

Ancestral File (TM). AFN 8MFR-BG gives that she married Stephen Bartlett;
>> [https://books.google.com/books?id=J1tlAAAAMAAJ&amp;pg=PA75&amp;dq=h... Colonial Families of the United States of America]: In which is Given the History, Genealogy and Armorial Bearings of Colonial Families who Settled in the American Colonies from the Time of the Settlement of Jamestown, 13th May, 1607, to the Battle of Lexington, 19th April, 1775, Volume 6 George Norbury Mackenzie
Grafton Press, 1917
>>>>[Richard Bartlett, III Richard Bartlett] of Newbury Massachusetts b there 21st February 1649 d 17th April 1724 m 18th November 1673 [Hannah Bartlett Hannah Emery] b 26th April 1654 dau of [John Emery John Emery] b in England 1628 came with parents to Newbury Massachusetts 1628 m 2d October 1648 [Mary Emery Mary Webster] dau of John and Mary Shatwell Webster John Emery was made freeman 30th May 1660 and his will was probated 3d August 1693 Had:

>>>>[Deacon Stephen Bartlett Stephen Bartlett] of Newbury Massachusetts b 21st April 1691 d 20th April 1773 m [Hannah Bartlett Hannah Webster] of Salisbury Massachusetts

Showing all 12 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion