Thomas Hoo, the younger - Hoo line corrections

Started by Carole (Erickson) Pomeroy,Vol. Curator on Monday, March 21, 2016
Problem with this page?

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 3 posts
3/21/2016 at 12:21 PM

Thomas Hoo husband of Dorothy Hoo son of Eleanor (Wingfield) & Sir William Hoo, Knt. has been miss-merged with Thomas Hoo, the younger husband of Alice Hoo son of Elizabeth de Etchingham & Thomas Hoo, Baron Hoo of Hastings

Thank you Lori Lynn Wilke for doing the unmerge on Thomas Hoo, the younger but I think the original miss-merge was done too long ago and this Sir Thomas “the younger” Hoo, of Herts . I'm not sure where he belongs, will need to search to see if I can find the dau. who married John Duke by looking at the Smart Matches she seems to have the maiden name Shelston

I will need to enter a new profile for Thomas Hoo husband of Dorothy Hoo son of Sir William Hoo, Knt. & Eleanor Wingfield, possibly adding a profile also for Eleanor as William Hoo is not connected to one.

There seems to be some confusion of the mother of the children of Sir William Hoo, Knt.

Did his 1st wife Alice de St. Omer die in 1380 or later?

Some of the children which have references as her being the mother were born after 1380 Margaret St. Clere & Robert or Richard Hoo, of Blyburgh, Esq.

Some references list Eleanor Rolleston as being the mother of Margaret St. Clere Sir Thomas “the younger” Hoo, of Herts & John Hoo

I see no reference to a son Robert or Richard Hoo, of Blyburgh, Esq. for Sir William Hoo, Knt. but there is one reference only that lists a son William Hoo.

The son John Hoo died with no issue, or did he? so he could not be this Robert. Could this Robert possibly be the son William? Of course maybe Robert was just not mentioned in any of these references.

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion