John de Gyse - Corrections on wife of John de Gyse/Guise

Started by Carole (Erickson) Pomeroy,Vol. Curator on Wednesday, March 9, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 5 posts

It has been brought to my attention that Agnes de Berkeley, Of Stoke Gifford born circa 1363 dau. of Maurice de Berkeley, 4th Baron Berkeley and Elizabeth le Despenser, Baroness Berkeley, wife of Sir John Gyse, Kt. born c.1455 died 30 September 1501 would of been born too early to be his wife.

There is references from http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p2999.htm#... & Ancestral roots of certain American colonists who came to America before ... By Frederick Lewis Weis, Walter Lee Sheppard, David Faris that list his wife as Anne Berkeley dau. of William Berkeley, Kt. & Anne Berkeley .

If we find that the current relationship is incorrect, we can edit the current profile for Agnes de Berkeley, Of Stoke Gifford to Anne Berkeley, detach her from the current parents Maurice de Berkeley, 4th Baron Berkeley and Elizabeth le Despenser, Baroness Berkeley and attach her to the referenced parents Anne Berkeley & William Berkeley, Kt.

What are your recommendations?

Also mentioned in the Discussion on John Gyse, Esq., of Elmore Court

6/24/2016 at 6:43 PM

Carole, as a technical fix, I think it better to use the new profile Agnes de Berkeley, Of Stoke Gifford, attach her to correct parents and children, and disconnect Agnes de Berkeley, Of Stoke Gifford fro, impossible husband.

It probably doesn't make much difference but it "feels" cleaner to keep parent / child relationships together, and the notes in Agnes are correct.

Obviously both profiles MP'd so they cannot be confabulated again.

6/24/2016 at 11:03 PM

Thank you Erica

The profile for Agnes de Berkeley, Of Stoke Gifford did not exist when I posted the recommendation.

I entered the information in her About section on Mar 9 as the dau. of Maurice de Berkeley, 4th Baron Berkeley and Elizabeth le Despenser, Baroness Berkeley, they could easily be transfered to a new profile made for Agnes Berkeley.

If the managers who had entered her as the wife of John Gyse and mother of John Gyse, III, of Elmore Court, have no issues with losing those connections then switching over to the new profile for Anne Berkeley would be fine.

4/25/2020 at 4:17 PM

This has been completed.

Anne Kingston

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion