Sarah Dudley - Corrections to Judkins & Dudley profile

Started by Carole (Erickson) Pomeroy,Vol. Curator on Thursday, March 3, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 7 posts

I think a wrong merge was done on Sarah Dudley wife of Job Judkins possibly this; Sarah Keene was merged into Sarah Dudley Dec 29, 2015

I do not think she is the same Sarah Dudley dau. of Gov. Thomas Dudley and Dorothy Yorke who married Thomas Pacey &
Ex-wife of Benjamin Keayne. They seem to have different death dates, Sarah (Dudley) Judkins' listed as death on 26 NOV 1657, and Sarah (Dudley) Keayne Pacey's entered here as November 3, 1659.

I will undo at least 2 merges or possibly more to try to separate the Sarah's.

This is what is listed in her 'About' section before the undo merge.

Immigrated June 12, 1630 on ship Arbella with Gov. Winthrop. Admitted with husband Benjamin Keayne to First Church, Boston, JUNE 1639. Divorced from Keayne, circa 1647. Then married, 2nd, Thomas Pacy by 1652.

I was able to remove some profiles for Sarah Pacey wife of Job Judkins

but I was not able to remove all, as Job Judkins and his children Samuel Judkins, of Medfield Job Judkins Joel Judkins, Sr. Sarah Pratt (Judkins) Thomas Judkins are still connected to the wrong mother

I will need to switch them to the correct couple.

For those who were managers of Sarah Dudley wife of Job Judkins please request management for Sarah Pacey

Private User
3/5/2016 at 4:55 AM

Thanks Carole :)

As a side point, when you run across profiles like Sarah, that have a display name that's only purpose is to set a name formatting, I suggest removing it. If a user wants to see the birth name in the middle, they should be using the name formatting options, not forcing the formatting on everyone. http://wiki.geni.com/index.php/Naming_Conventions#Main_Principles

Sarah's display name should be deleted.

Sorry, I did that to differentiate between the two Sarah's when moving the children and forgot to change it back.

12/6/2021 at 1:30 PM

This finally got finished.

Sarah Judkins Is not the same as Sarah Pacey - we can thank Wikipedia for perpetuating the mixup:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Dudley#Family_and_legacy

The fourth child, Sarah, married Benjamin Keayne, a militia officer. This union was an unhappy one, and resulted in the first reported instance of divorce in the colony; Keayne returned to England and repudiated the marriage. Although no formal divorce proceedings are known, Sarah eventually married again,[69] [to Job Judkins, by whom she bore five children. NO]

Sarah Dudley’s only child was Anna Paige who was a significant heiress due to a complex Will from her grandfather Capt. Robert Keayne Her parents seem to have been irresponsible, and Anna was raised by Dudleys.

Anna’s 1st marriage was to Edward Lane by whom she had children Anna (died young) & Edward, who died as Edward Paige - the surname of Anna’s 2nd husband, Nicholas Paige

There is some question about her children’s actual father, however, as there seemed to be claims the Lane marriage was unconsummated.

See https://nescbwi.wordpress.com/2012/07/04/the-write-sisters-women-of...

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion