Walechise, comte de Verdun - Sources?

Started by Sharon Doubell on Wednesday, February 24, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 16 posts
2/24/2016 at 2:12 AM

Looking for Sources to validify this profile's existence as a son of Saint Arnoul, bishop of Metz and Saint Dode of Metz. Anyone? :-)

6/25/2018 at 11:55 PM

I don't know either, but I've put them on the About. :-)

6/26/2018 at 12:46 AM

Justin Durand, thoughts?

6/26/2018 at 9:02 AM

No clear answer. MedLands places him as son of Arnoul based on a theory he might have been the Walacho who is recorded as son of Bishop Arnoul (died 640), but if he was father-in-law of Eudes of Aquitaine (died 735) then the chronology is too extended.

http://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/FRANKSMaiordomi.htm#_Toc359686215

I keep Walchisus / Walchigise and Walacho separate in my notes, with an unsourced wife Waldrada / Valtrude, and a note Walchisus might have been a son of Arnoul if he was the same person as Walacho.

6/26/2018 at 9:23 AM

Thank you. We'll just leave him where he is then.

6/26/2018 at 9:29 AM

In this year 1738 book, Arnoult has two children, Walchise and Clodukphe

https://books.google.fr/books?id=XjNw5prownQC&pg=PA89&lpg=P...

6/26/2018 at 9:32 AM

Walchgise was qualigied Duke and parent of Charles Mattel in a charta by Charles " the bald"

Had a daughter called Wiultrude who married Eude, duke of aquitaine ' that's what the book says)

6/26/2018 at 9:33 AM

Typo correction sorry, hands ache.

Walchise was qualified/ certiified Duke and parent of Charles Martel in a charta by Charles " the bald"

Had a daughter called Wultrude who married Eude, duke of aquitaine ' that's what the book says)

6/26/2018 at 9:34 AM

Walchise and CLODULPHE, typo again sorry.

6/26/2018 at 9:38 AM

Clodulphe was a servant for Sigisbert the king and then became Eveque de Metz in year 662 at the age of 46. He died after governing the church for 40 years. He was buried in the church of the saint apostles in Metz. He has a wife and a son called Martin. But Ebroin, Mayor of the palace had Martin killed.

6/26/2018 at 9:42 AM

There is a first born to st arnoult, called Anchise or Ansegise.
Assassinated in year 679, buried near Namur ( belgium) in a monastery.
Had married Begga, daughter of Pepin the old and Itte in 639. Begga was saint gertrude's sister.

6/26/2018 at 1:07 PM

Have you compared data ?

6/26/2018 at 1:34 PM

Medlands is giving the primary sources it has available- the discussion needs to be about where we want to go with the compromise of what is not ultimately definitively provable with the primary source data we have.

If nobody was objecting to leaving him here - and it didn't seem to me that you were - then it seemed a reasonable place to leave it as is.

Are you saying you want to move him? - forgive me if I'm missing that. I thought I was adding a source that agreed with you.

6/26/2018 at 3:56 PM

No, leave him where he is, I am fine. As long as sources seem to indicate people did exist and without proof they didn't, I think we should leave them, don't you ?

I always take the positive choice, probably because i'm an eternal optimistic..lol..

Showing all 16 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion