Gisela of Alsace - Curator needed

Started by Sharon Doubell on Saturday, February 20, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 7 posts
2/20/2016 at 7:47 AM

This profile needs a Curator who works in this area. PLEASE step up and take over :-)

2/20/2016 at 7:53 AM

Sharon Doubell just pm me a list and ill take them all

2/20/2016 at 8:18 AM

Jason, thank you, I can always rely on you - I'm identifying them as I go through my Merge Centre, and adding them here: http://www.geni.com/discussions/152994?msg=1071502. I'm hoping to inspire our new Curators in this area to come and help us too.

Private User
2/20/2016 at 10:04 AM

Anybody else think it would be nice if Revision History included when "Curated by" was changed - and from whom to whom?

Are Curators against it, for it, or do not care? Or has no one ever thought about it?

2/20/2016 at 10:19 AM

We've thought about it. I wouldn't mind it, but the benefit would be mostly to Curators, and even then, pretty slim - and there are lots more things that benefit everybody that are on the 'want' list, first :-)

Private User
2/20/2016 at 10:51 AM

I was thinking it would be of benefit to more than just Curators.
Was thinking, for example --
If someone looks at Revisions, sees "Curatored by" changed since last time they worked in that area/looked at that Profile - would have reason to think - 'hey, maybe this person knows something the previous Curator did not know' or 'maybe this Curator will be more responsive' or whatever. To me, seems as valuable to know when/that Curated by changed as Manager Added.

Was also thinking should not require much in the way of Programming since Geni already has the Field, and tells when a Manager is added - so was thinking could look at existing Programming and add that really easily. (Could be wrong, but that was my thought)

2/20/2016 at 11:08 AM

Well, go ahead and suggest it to CS. Maybe it is quite an easy to thing to programme, and it benefits is all :-)

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion