Adam of Eden - Double standards

Started by Private User on Monday, February 1, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 241-251 of 251 posts

Well, I got one miss all my connections to antiquity, particularly the "Davidic" lineage.... Attila the Hun, "Scourge of God", King of the Huns, King Wen of Zhou, 周文王, 昌, 40 and the 50 generations of Assyrian kings.... 😉

Well Erica Howton, making the cuts at "my end" is relatively easy in MOST cases.

It's knowing where to cut the mythic /faked lines further up the tree, that is often harder. But I'm willing to do most anything to FINALLY get the "Biblical Tree" isolated! I'm STILL spending the majority of my Geni time on cutting off the endless new copies. I've tried going through the entire tree and lock-relationships to prevent merges, but that's simply too much.

Well, we have a strategy. Post where the cut is (a project) and then historians can be challenged to source and lobby for a reconnect. So perhaps Geni could extract those profiles and auto-add to a project.

Erica Howton,
it's all in the hands of Mike. We can't do a thing without him first doing the magic from his end. Creating the list or project is rather trivial compared to sweeping the tree to find cut-points, which is very HARD work.

Just based on the math, after 25 generations, it is a near virtual certainty you are related to everyone in antiquity. 25 generations gives you over 33 million grandparents in the 25th generation of grandparents. It doubles each generation you go back. So when someone tells you that they are a descendant of Charlemagne ... just smile ... and ask ... who isn't?

Well said. I concur. Moving forward with this fact helps us better place ourselves in line toward ascension to the greatest humanity has to offer in 2500 years.

James David Vaughn- however how many times you or anyone do any maths it is actually not true.
I am definitely not related to everyone in antiquity.
Definitely not descendant of everyone in antiquity.

Adam of Eden - not my blood relative .
But possible yDNA matches for me 7500 bce in Turkey so my ancestors around before Adam of Eden.

Face palm. Ya'll were asking for trouble when you added him to Geni, IMHO lol

For your amusement, I'm going to just leave https://xkcd.com/2608 here....

Harald T A -- very good ! Good humour but also shows how relatives , DNA and descendancy is so misunderstood . We humans just each a chemical composition of different chemicals as well.

Why I think ( dare I say it ) : Exactly why religious texts are often simplified manuals trying to explain very complex events / occurences and developments to everyone .
Even that then often too many misunderstand and get a completeley wrong meaning of what the writer was trying to convey .
How many of us Know the intricate workings of our freezers ?

Showing 241-251 of 251 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion