Adam of Eden - Double standards

Started by Private User on Monday, February 1, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 211-240 of 251 posts

I also have no problem with those that would like to be descandants of Thor or Adam or Beli Mawr or Donald Duck or RA , their choice and believe system.
Just leave me out of alaland.

Look at original question of this discussion rather.
Who is fictitious , all the gods or just some ?

Can we put all the biblical characters in a fictional/ mythical branch just like has been done with Norse characters and Norse Mythological persons. If they are supposed to be fictional then the Abrahamic should be set to the same standards otherwise the integrity of the curators is flawed.

As a descendant of Donald Duck, I must agree.

Joseph R Burke - a real native American mtdna A2g

Private,
there are over 4000 Biblical profiles. This is by far the largest "mythical" tree, so doing so would be difficult and messy. But beyond that there are already enough "politics" involved in this tree.

As I wrote above, the best all around solution would be to isolate this tree (even as "fictional"). Doing so would solve the issue with connections to the main tree, and avoid the politics because it would be less obvious. TRYING to isolate it, is very difficult, even with behind the scenes help from Geni.

Then surely time a good start would be Adam of Eden --- 3999 to go and counting >>>> next Eve of Eden >>>>>

I added more than 8000 ( some allready on geni so had to merge profiles )and more than
20 0 000 sources Baptisms , Marriage and death Notices in 2 years . changed corrected information on more than 30 000 profiles - 2 years . That's just on GENI also added profiles to MH , Wikitree , familysearch , added Church and Town Information for SA on Geni and captured more 600 000 data points on my Work System .
In 2 years .

Ws brought up : Start at number 1 >> 2 >> 3 >>

Cindy Vincens
2/2/2016 at 7:03 AM

This discussion started 2016 , imagine what could have been done by nowin 6 years ?
4000 profiles ?
Less than 2 a day needed to done .

I added about 15 profiles last 3 days I think ?

ERROR -sorry more than20 000 sources not 200 000 ! not in sources but in overview / about sections of profiles .

Imam Sayyid Alawi Ats-Tsani Bin Muhammad

From 1100 's 83rd grandson of Adam

Now I see ! Salman Rushdie problem here !
NOW I get it !

Say no more -- just leave as is and will look past it ! You have all my sympathies . Though I fought Apartheid and we won !!

Private,
you haven't seen half of it yet. Take a look at Adam of Eden - ~300 managers. King David of Israel ~200 managers. Never mind that people have added these profiles so many times. But keep in mind that each of these hundreds of copies had to be MERGED. Over and over again, and of course mistakes in the copies fixed. It is so much easier adding a new tree, that to clean up existing ones. Thankfully these days I just isolate new duplicate trees and Geni then removes them.

@Becky Lee Johns, I wholeheartedly concur with you about your statement "I believe in the Bible. Every one have their own opinoin about Adam and Eve.
I do believe that Jesus was Mary child. Yes I do believe in Jesus to plus DNAresults will tell to."

Joy -- believes, opinions and religion ?
Some believe other origins and then should be given equal standing on Geni.
Even when ohers believe something else or have different opinions theirs not less worthy than yours or mine.
With all due respect just my humble opinion.
Even different versions of the Bible give different stories More interpretation than considered plausible dates and facts.

@Becky Lee Johns, I think you may enjoy this: There are SO SO SO many names I did not include in this list (of which I have exact names and dates of all listed,and others no time to list. HAVE THIS FOR ALL ETHNICITIES (COUNTRIES) , due to lack of time to type them all, as I am swamped, and must get back to pressing deadlines:

My family dossier goes back to 3,000 years
my 4th cousin the living great-grandson of Hm QueenVictoria possesses it and very old family relics. He is Rex HM Francisco Manoel, the Royal House of Wettin-Guelphm the great-grandson (several times removed) of HM Queen Victoria (aka Alexandrina) and Marcos Manoel (at age 14 she had a son, that is rarely spoken of in history)

HM Queen Victoria's biological father was James M. de Rothschild, Amschel Rothschild is my mom's relative via Sir Edward Morgan (he is the elder ancestor to Amschel Rothschild) my mommy is a Morgan (nee) her maiden surname.

Adam & Eve 4004 BC
Abel 3904 BC
Seth 3804 BC
Enos 3704 BC
Cainan 3604 BC
Mahalel
Jared
Enoch
Methusaleh
Lamech
Noah 2904 BC
Shem 2348 BC
Abraham 1904 BC
Issac
Jacob
Joseph Levi
Moses 1504 BC
Joshua
Eli
Saul
David
Solomon 1011 BC
Isaiah
Joel
Micah
Nebuchadnezzar (invade Judae 605 B.C.
Jeremiah
Daniel 562 BC
Esther at same time in North America Zapotec (Monte Alban Mexico, Mayans) I Nazca 400 Bc - 1500 AD
(Peru, Mochica 400 BC)
Alexander (Olmec XI (300 BC)
King Artexerxes, Persians
Judas Maccabeus (104 BC)
Malachi
Pompey
Herod the Great (Teotihuacan, MesoAmerica 1 - 104 BC)
John the Baptist
Jesus The Christ
Moche, Hopewell, Mogollon, Dorset, etc. (1 -104 - 200 AD)
Flavius Josephus
Hadrian
Eusebius (300/330 AD)
Mohammed (571 AD)
Caedmon
Empire Pascal (600 AD - 700 AD)
HOHKAN HURIA, MAAYANS (1100
Joachim (1100 AD)

OTTOMAN EMPIRE 1299 AD

King Alphonso I of Aragon
King Constantinople 1422 AD (FIRST SEIGE)
Sultan Solyman II
Mohammed IV
Napoleon 1798 AD

George Washington 1789 AD (my relative via my great-grandmom Catherine Wright direct relative of Wright Bros. (NOT their sister), via my grandmom Sarah Wright Atkinson Petrie and my daddy Stanley Wright Atkinson Petrie

Wright Bros. 1800s AD

Abraham Lincoln 1861 AD
President Wilson 1918 AD
JF Kennedy 1963 AD
President Carter
President Reagan
President Clinton
President Bush Sr
President Bush Jr
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. 1963 AD
President Obama 2008 AD
President Trump 2017 AD
President Biden 2020 AD

J P Weyers Phillip Weyers, I SO agree with you!

Shmuel-Aharon Kam (Kahn / שמואל-אהרן קם (קאן what if we took some distance from Adam, like 20 generations maybe, and just cut them all at that point and isolated Adam? We'd obviously get some profiles on the wrong side of the cut (both ways, probably) but at that point we'd be able to snip small branches and either re-merge them into the big tree, or merge them into the isolated Adam tree? (this latter part would require some help from us, as isolated trees cannot normally be merged even with other isolated trees)

It just feels weird to see no relationship to Adam.... I don't think I checked it before? But I have no path
I too believe in the Biblical Adam as well as the Biblical and the scientific Eve.
I understand the difficulty of having such a profile in Geni at all.
Why not just disconnect period and make the blanket statement that he is the father of us all?

Respectully :)

(By scientific, I am referring to the studies I first heard about and read in the early 1980's)

Good idea Mike.

I like the idea.

Cynthia Curtis -- most people in Asia will not agree with you that Biblical Adam or Adam of Eden is our common ancestor .Therefore the majority of humans on Earth actually do not believe in Adam as originator of all humans.

I agree with what Mike Stangel suggests.

If an Adam did exist most likely lived in Southern Africa more than 100 000 yrs ago-- yDNA haplogroup A1.
Biblical Adam would have been his nth great grandchild.

Then what about my Denisovan ancestor -- have his DNA.
If I can prove descent then can be added to Geni.
But surely my DNA is more prove than any story told in a book or wtitten account with no substantiating prove.
My husband has Neanderthal DNA as do many Europeans so where does he appear on Geni?
Best to leave myth and legend out of Geni as ancestry records.
All different creation myth stories or none as ancestry on Geni.

Biblical Adam lived about around 4000 bce.
So could not be my Ancestor then.
Think my ancestors the family of the women that married Adam's sons
More likely the Gobekli Tepe builders my ancestors.
My Y-DNA fits in with that scenario.

I agree with what Mike Stangel suggests.

Mike Stangel,
I'm very much in favor. Only make the number around 50 generations. That would still clip off the tips of the longest lines, but very few of them. I think you tried this once. The problem is counting length of lines when they go sideways through marriage.

To make this workable, we would need a list of all the cut points: The two profiles that were separated. Given a list, I could work my way through it.

Sorry for the delay. Life got overwhelming for a while.

Shmuel-Aharon Kam (Kahn / שמואל-אהרן קם (קאן - thank you! Your input on where / how to separate is invaluable.

Showing 211-240 of 251 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion