Adam of Eden - Double standards

Started by Private User on Monday, February 1, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 181-210 of 251 posts

König Bodo von Sachsen not Odin tbe God but also his name .
My 51st grt grandfather.
Aacording to the apocryphal story of Adam and Eve - Cain had a child with his sister ! Incest ?
Or was his wife the offspring of angels who could not resist earthly women ?

J P Weyers it is really not that difficult, the link to Adam is on the left of this screen and from him it is one click to his son Cain . scroll just a little down the profile and you will find:

CAIN'S WIFE

The Book of Jubilees 4:9 '... And Cain took Awan his sister to be his wife ...

Alex Moes --but that is not accepted by all Xtians ; why I said according to apocryphal Abrahamic origins ; she was also called Qelima . One of 9 children that Adam and Eve had sometimes 7 children ?
Book of Jubilees is not part of the Western or Eastern Bibles but only of Ethiopian Scriptures. But I see GENI do use it . At the mention of Adam and Eve or Cain my grandparents Mennonites would just roll their eyes and say SOENDE !!
Maybe Cain got a wife from ---- ?

Maybe Cain wasn't a real person and attempts to nitpick minor incongruous details in religious myths is a bit pointless.

A very old story filtered and interpreted thru many different cultures is bound to pick up a few continuity issues along the way, don't you think?

Why is adam and eve and children here on Geni restricted to Xtian and Hebrew tradition.
Why is is Islamic traditions and creation story just ignored . Sunni and Shiite traditions have different origins of wives for Adam sons .
Bias ?

Even if we disregard the tradition that Moses wrote the Pentateuch, or had it dictated to him, the book of Genesis was written several centuries before Christ.

Islam was made up from whole cloth several centuries after Christ. It deliberately drew on, but changed and reinterpreted, certain key elements from Christianity, Judaism and indigenous Arabic religion.

The truth is I don't think anyone with any amount of accuracy can trace their lineage back to Adam. As another use commented that these trees are filled with gaps of many generations. Maybe these people are real or they are metaphors to explain the origins of life with a Bronze Age people.I don't know, I wasn't there. On a personal level I am a believer.
If you don't like it though or believe it, disconnect yourself from the tree. I would like to see a tree connecting the Norse and Celtic Gods. I believe they were based on real people.
J P Weyers And why are you calling it Xtian? That's insulting to Christians and no one is denigrating your lifestyle. Xtian is an abbreviated form of Christian, often used as a derogatory term by Satanists, militant Atheists, etc.
You are obviously literate enough to spell Hebrew and Islam, plus their various sects. It is apparent you have some qualm with Christianity on a personal level.

There are multiple versions of Adam and Eve on Geni, that is why the profile linked to this discussion has "of Eden" as a qualifier in its name fields.

There are Noise and Celtic gods on Geni but they are not connected to the World Tree, you are free to believe they were real people but you will not find much support for that opinion.

I've never cared for anyone's opinion ,so I don't see why I should care now. I stated that I didn't know for sure, but take it as you will. As it pertains to my truth, I don't need support from the majority, whomever they may be, to have an opinion. Genealogical Research isn't a democracy, although many treat it as such.

I've been working with a curator to separate the biblical tree from the big tree, but it's difficult to do because there are many connections and some of them are found only be crossing marriages. Once done, we'll isolate the biblical tree so it cannot be merged in. During this process you may see some real people get isolated (just so we can make the cuts) and then our curator will be working each branch to find the proper point to cut, and the real people will re-join the World Family Tree.

We also have no problem with creating isolated trees for other variants such as the Islamic tree. Those will have to be kept isolated as well.

Unknown Profile whether or not people were considered real or fictional (or, as with figures like Odin, some combination of both) is immaterial to separating those trees from the World Family Tree. If there is no genealogically-provable connection to Odin or Jesus, those branches should be kept isolated until such connections can be made.

There's a pretty good explanation of the use of the Greek letter Chi as an abbreviation for "Christ" as far back as 500 years ago, at https://people.howstuffworks.com/culture-traditions/holidays-christ...

I understand the "X" comes from the Greek letter Chi, which is the first letter of the Greek word Christós (Greek: Χριστός), which became Christ in English. However, modern atheists and enemies of Christianity use it as a slur. I suspect J P Weyers is due to his comments and automatic response of defending Islam. Even though in Islamic Republics his kind are persecuted and on occasion, executed.
I think it is everyone's best interest to separate the trees as you plan to.

Thank you for the update Mike Stangel

THX for info Mike .
All that is so often needed.

Sharon Doubell one thread is bad enough :)

I'm hoping we can sew them all up together with this tree isolation.

I'm so so tired of saying there are no descents from the King David or the ancient Western World. It's been easily ten years now, I think.

Brian Johnson check your traditions. The death of Moses is described in the Pentateuch (end of the 5th book), so it would be very hard for him to have written it. It's the Ten Commandments that were dictated to him (second version, after he broke up the first version in anger at what his kinsmen had been up to when he was up the mountain receiving them).

Yours for accurate retelling of legends....

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy%2034&v...

(actually there are conflicting traditions - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosaic_authorship describes how Jewish tradition attempted to account for Moses writing about his own death; I wasn't aware of that until I checked....)

When the Adam and Eve of Eden can be scientifically correlated with a verifiable Genetic Adam and Genetic Eve, then I will be satisfied that this website is making a serious attempt to provide reliable information to the public. Then (and only then) we will finally learn who the true father of the first human being actually is and who our most ancient ancestors truly were.

My issue is Geni says I that Adam and Eve are my ancestors, but I know that not true, My people were from the land of Nod East of Eden, and not people of the Book.

LOL
Linda

As my kind have been and still are persecuted by most religions I do have sympathy with the Abrahamic mythological Adam and Eve being chased from paradise.

However for those non Abrahamic Faith believers here on GENI it is like Thor or Zeus or any other mythological individuals ; do they belong on a Genealogical site ?
My own religious believes are irrelevant as its a question of inclusvity and diversity.
Where are the African religious ancestors on Geni ?
Then we should have the Sun also on Geni as the ancestor of the Japanese Imperial family and some Egyptians.

Or is GENI a religion specific site ?

Private,
if you have any African religious ancestries (sourced preferably), then feel free to enter them on Geni. The Curators will gladly take the 30 seconds required to ensure these lineages remain separated from the Main-Tree". Believe me, there is nothing I'd like more on Geni, than managing to isolate the Biblical Tree, so that no-one could connect to it. But as Mike explains above, given that this extensive tree already exists, cutting it loose, is a real PITA.

I don't know about the Japanese Imperial family being on Geni, or how far back it might go. But there are extensive lineages of the Pharaohs.

There ARE a number of family trees for other pantheons on Geni, for example the Sumerians, Greeks and Romans, and probably half a dozen more I can't recall at the moment. The most recently added is the Hindi one, IIRC.
https://www.geni.com/projects/Mythological-Pantheons/4475456

Shmuel - Good to know .
For believers of other gods or Atheists ,Abrahamic Religious characters are just part of another Pantheon of Gods.
Adam and Eve a nice story like the AZTEC creation story.
Something we all have to remember.

Thanks Private User,
those are WAY outside of my geographic region. :-P I'm just happy that I've managed to keep Scēafa (Fictional) disconnected from Shem. Oh and Teia Tephi, {Legendary}, out of the Biblical Tree, with your help among other people.

Shmuel-Aharon Kam (Kahn / שמואל-אהרן קם (קאן — you are quite welcome.

If you find anybody like Beli Mawr the Sun God, or Lugh the Sun God, or King Arthur, wandering around amongst the Biblical personages, do let me know, as I will totally take them down.

Anne Brannen - from your " take them down " comment I realize you have decided your opinion is the rule.
Some respect for oher people's GODS would be more appropriate.
Praising yourself for removing one set of mythical / fictitious profiles from another group of mythical / fictitious profiles ?
I notice now I am realted to biblical Adam and Eve ; that should be your emphasis Ann Brannen. Block or remove those connections to fictitious Biblical characters rather than " taking down " King Arthur.

Shmuel- Aharon - as curator maybe time to add FICTITIOUS to Adam 's profile here on Geni as with other mythical/ fictitious profiles.
Just the equal decent honourable thing to do.

Showing 181-210 of 251 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion