Adam of Eden - Double standards

Started by Private User on Monday, February 1, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 31-60 of 251 posts

"Mythological. Please raise a discussion if Geni can find a relationship to you."

Better note or inviting trouble? :)

Personally I'd like to see Lucifer profiles consolidated if possible.

William wait we can create a discution about Lucifer /satan

we cant merge the 2 adam on geni why again?

take a look at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer

One way to get a little more comfortable with the idea of "Adam" is to think of him an ancestor of everyone living today. Current modeling puts the most recent common ancestor at 2,000-4,000 years ago. At about 4,000 - 6,000 years ago, everyone living at that time is either your ancestor or has no descendants today (i.e. all modern individuals have an identical set of ancestors). Note that this is relatively close in time to where the biblical legend puts Adam and Eve. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Most_recent_common_ancestor and http://steveolson.com/uploads/2009/04/nature-common-ancestors2.pdf

I just read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Most_recent_common_ancestor Randy Schoenberg I never would have lookd for it without this thread. Martin RhNegativ yes I will wait, thats why I asked. Again I LOVE GENi. I just sent in my DNA and can't wait for the results. SIDELINE you know who you are.... Thank you for your Guidance and Counseling

Shmuel-Aharon Kam (Kahn / שמואל-אהרן קם (קאן your expertise needed on these biblical profile questions ....

Every tribal people claims descent from their equivalent of First Man and First Woman. It should be no surprise that the ancient Hebrews did the same.

There is every reason to believe the royal genealogies in the Bible come from the official records of the Judaean kingdom, redacted in the 6th century BCE.

The problem is in connecting those genealogies to modern times. When there's no evidence, there's no evidence.

Why would anyone want to merge two Adams from two different mythologies?? That makes no sense.

Would you also want to merge the Norse god Odin with the Roman god Mercury because the Romans thought they were the same?

this is a fact this is the same man (...)

here a point
a dauther of jesus maried Anthénor IV but here on geni not why? easy there is no suport but we see alot of myth aded
based on what? just suport

partial inpartial

Any of the above can go ahead and add the respective notes to those archangels etc.

Thank you, Colin.

Bill, thanks for the 'Lucy' hint - soon we can build a phylogenetic tree too :-)

Lol :-) I think, because these aren't fixed individuals - we'd be creating our own mythology on the tree if we did :-)

Wouldn't be the first act of creationism on Geni :)

They aren't "fixed individuals", but there was a person who was the first one to be born with the A Y-chromosomal haplotype. So i don't see how that is anything like creationism.

It's a joke, Volodya. We're laughing with you at the thought.

I was actually being serious here. I know that it's not a definite individual, but you know how sometimes you put a person named "?" because you know somebody's cousin and there's no way to put one directly.

Y Adam and Mito Eve would be the same. Heck, who knows, maybe molecular geneticists would actually figure something out about the family structure of those people.

The Neanderthal that had some DNA left in him and scientists managed to sequence his DNA, and i remember watching the documentary and they said that they had managed to get it down to 6 possible family tree structures for him/her (that's because there was likely inbreeding involved and it leaves some sort of mark on the gene distribution).

My tentative thinking here is that without a descent line of real people to link them to, the value of those two profiles on the tree would be dubious.
Mrs Ples and Lucy are a tongue in cheek contribution to the fictitious origin profile debate.

If Geni ever provides a way to foreground DNA results on profiles, we may well end up having this same heated debate about 'fictitious' profiles for all the seven daughters of Eve ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Seven_Daughters_of_Eve) ... Now you want to create a mother forthem too :-) You're ahead of your time here :-)

Oh dear, here we go AGAIN.
This is probably THE most famous recurring topic for discussion on Geni.

Hello everybody,
as the guy who is nominally "in charge" of the [misnamed] Bible-Tree, you can always contact me if you have issues with it. But first please read the "Biblical Tree Project" page [1] (especially the FAQ section). It's not too long.

As the project description says, the ONLY thing I can TRY and guarantee is that this part of the tree is consistent to the SOURCES it's based on, i.e. consistent with the Bible. One of the latest people in the Jewish Bible [2], is the first Exilarch, Zerubbabel 3rd Exilarch / זרובבל. Historical evidence indicates that he was a real person. Given those dates, we can estimate the about 100 generations have passed since then. Zerubbabel is 54 generations after Adam. That gives us about 150 generations to present time.

The problem begins with the later genealogies. Every two-bit despot "royalty" of the Middle Ages, wanted to gain some "status" by claiming descent to the trees of these ancients. The problem is, that they couldn't do math and ended up with lines that are 1) much too short and 2) entirely fictional. So any line that shows 81 generations to Adam needs to be CUT. The question is where. I leave THOSE decisions to people much more learned than I, about these later periods.

[1] http://www.geni.com/projects/Biblical-Tree/38
[2] The Christian Bible adds the TWO genealogies of Jesus, but these can't be used to determine generation counts, because the lines are either MUCH too short or too long.

Alex Moes,
the "is connected to you" description of a profile is NOT a reliable indicator that profiles are really connected to the World Family Tree. The way the software system works is that "once connected, 'always' connected". Try it. Create a bogus profile in your own tree and then remove the connection. So while this "floater" profile is obviously NOT connected to anything, Geni still tags it as part of the WFT (now please delete it ;-) ). So it's very likely that Lucifer's branch has been cut loose.

This makes no sense. An obviously fictional character Adam is connected to some character in mythology based on the real person. Then that real person gets connected (be it in the incorrect way) to the global tree and the claim is that it is those connections which are at fault.

Let's try it this way. We'll create a fictional world tree with the Flying Spaghetti Monster and link it to Albert Einstein. And then when people will find FSM as their cousin we'll say "No, it must be because everybody wants to be connected to Einstein, so go and find problems there".

You really should warn people to get the oven glove... somebody can hurt themselves facepalming.

Volodya - it's a message generated by the computer, let's come up with better wording & suggest it to Geni.

There's a software flag set: is connected to WFT, yes / no. Once set, that's it, cannot unwind. So when GEDCOM uploads were made that include Adam & the fictional lines from Him to ME ME ME (a genealogical conceit long predating Geni we are the unfortunate inheritors of) ... They connected with the first merge in 2008.

What we can do now is pinpoint, isolate, & label, as was done with Lucifer (further discussion in that spin off thread).

The current message returned by the Geni server when it cannot find a relationship path between "me" and the node is:

"no path found."

Should that be refined for the mythological & fictional beings on Geni? To what?

To me, seeing the name is good enough; and reassuring that we're on the job, that there "is" no relationship found.

We have curators that have received death threats by even suggesting that some of the people mentioned in the Bible ond other religious books is fictional. Since they are mentioned in those books it has to be the ultimate truth...
Shmuel does a great job maintaining a compromise of these sources, even if they are conflicting.

the bible genesis is from summerians (myth) i am wrong?

Perhaps. You're not really asking a genealogy question, Martin. :)

I am not pointing fingers at any one but people who don't know the Bible shouldn't quote out of it. Adam and Eve was not created on the sixth day.
The Bible clearly said God created people on the sixth day. He create them men and women. On the seventh day He rest and then on the 8th day He said let Us. create people to Our image . He create Adam and out of his rib He create Eve. (They were of higher intelligence as to Adam was given the job of giving the animals names.) and God watch he named them.
The name giving was that the whole Essen's of the animal should be taken up (explained) in that name.
Now what happened to that sixth day people during the deluge. Noah took them in cages with him into the ark and they are still with us to day.
Please don't send money. I don't want to start a new church group.. I just want you to read between the lines as well. .

one thing is sure Madam Hownton Native of america walk this earth for more than 14000 years
we are looking to have a 6000 years biblical genealogical tree
chronologic cant work

due of an esthablisment position that we evolve here on geni

Martin You should start from Adam. See my point above. The people that God create on the 6th day are those Million year old fossils they are digging
up

Mr Potgieter
induism have 9000 gods boudhist =evry one is god
we got 3 monotheistt god

Showing 31-60 of 251 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion