Sir Hamon de Massey, 1st Baron of Dunham Massey - Spelling? Book?

Started by Sharon Doubell on Friday, January 29, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 5 posts
1/29/2016 at 9:54 AM

Rev Deacon Laura J Kelson asks " what should I think, if the last name Massey,or de Massey or any other ways to spell the name Massie are in both my father and mother's tree's? The link below I believe [Hatte and I ] share in common which is on my mother side. I don't have full prove yet, but somehow I believe these trees might be joining together. I need to get rid of those that are related by ex partners. Here is the link http://www.geni.com/people/Sir-Hamon-de-Massey-1st-Baron-of-Dunham-...
This link is to Sir Hamon de Massey 1st Baron of Dunham....
If I were to buy one book on the Massey's for both tree's which should I purchase? Cheers to you, Laura"

1/29/2016 at 9:56 AM

Any thoughts? I've just taken this profile from Justin Durand while we find a Curator more closely involved with this tree to take over; Unfortunately, this means that I know less than all of you about it ;-)

1/29/2016 at 11:19 AM

Rev Deacon Laura J Kelson - this is my general advice to anyone wanting to know if they are related to / descended from a very early famous figure like this one:

You should start from you Massey and go backwards in time and make sure that for each generation you have RELIABLE sources like primary sources (Visitation, birth, death, baptism, marriage etc.). Do not rely on name similarity or on Internet family trees, even Geni, which is a work in progress.

2/3/2016 at 8:47 AM

I have already begun the process of seeking and collecting other documents, example birth, death, marriages and other records validating previous information. I will keep things posted as I received them and I hope you will do the same. In hopes, of making more sense of these relationships but also to validate our records here on geni.com are correct. Thanks again you two,

2/3/2016 at 8:52 AM

:-)

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion