Robert I the Bruce, King of Scots - Robert the Bruce

Started by Linda Lea Christ on Sunday, January 3, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing 31-32 of 32 posts

Greetings everyone !
Please excuse my absence from this discussion. I'm afraid we would not find any information on Wikipedia or other online information related to this topic, however there are certain credible information within Lodges of Instruction of the Scottish Rite, indicating that a certain ritual in the 3'rd degree have direct relevance to an incident that happened where the instruction was given to a certain Templar to raise a fellow craft. It is still unclear and there is still no clear evidence as to whom gave the instruction, but it is assumed that it came from the highest Royal order during Robert I the Bruce's reign.

What's interesting for me is that "the Bruce", the "Black Douglas", Angus "Lord of the Isles", as well as Edward I "Longshanks" are all great great grandfathers, at least according to Geni. :D What's even more fascinating is that these lines all converge on other great grandfathers and cousins that were all instrumental in founding the Royal Society and Freemasonry, at least in Scotland. This gives me a unique perspective to validate some of the tenuous historical legends of the origins of the Craft. Perhaps there's a book in all of this.

Showing 31-32 of 32 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion