Started by Private User on Friday, December 25, 2015
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 17 posts
Private User
12/25/2015 at 8:27 AM

According to the dates in this tree Cunégonde was six years old at the birth of her first child. - This cannot be correct.

12/25/2015 at 9:36 AM

The profile for daughter Engelberga says Engelberga's ancestry is unknown. Maybe start there and see what you can find.

Private User
12/25/2015 at 11:38 PM

Emma Alsace (Welf) Birth 808 is my 31st great grandmother and shows that Engelberga von Friaul is her daughter birth 826. maybe Engelderga is the cousin ofQueen Cunegonde?

Private User
12/25/2015 at 11:42 PM

Engelderga is put in with Emma and Queen Cunegonde. if so it is the same person

Private User
12/26/2015 at 8:36 AM

I found Engelberga von Friaul is the wife Louis ll. le Jeana Emper of Itady and the Franks. Her mother and father is unknown. Engelberga is no longer fond on Queen Cunegonda's tree. That I could find.

12/26/2015 at 9:12 AM

there is alot of modification
Cunigundis

how can she be a queen of france maried with only a count?

7/5/2017 at 4:49 AM

I can find no sources that validate this profile's existence.
Is there a reason not to cut her out of the tree?
Justin Swanstrom, do you have any thoughts on this?

7/5/2017 at 9:54 AM

A very mangled profile, it seems.

Queen of France? I wonder how that crept in. Perhaps through bad merges that were later trimmed.

The About text refers to her "mother" Cunigundis, wife of King Bernard.

I have a version of Cunigunde in my notes as wife of Erchanger and daughter of Bernard and Cunigunde. No source. That means I picked it up somewhere unreliable intending to research it someday.

In order to preserve the managers and notes, I think I would merge her with her spurious sister of the same name, detach from husband and parents, then merge with the Cunigunde who married Bernard, King of Lombardy.

7/5/2017 at 10:59 AM

Done. cf Cunigundis

Private User
7/6/2017 at 9:15 AM

You know they really should specify what par t of of Italy Bernard was King of. Italy wasn't united until the late 1860,s. So where in Italy as we know it now was his so called kingdom. There were a lot of indv. kingdoms back then. But back to her. If he was king of whatever part of Italy it was and she was his wife, wouldn't she then be queen?

Private User
7/6/2017 at 9:18 AM

I looked him up and gave it a quick look and I did notice that his so called kingdom was absorbed into another area. I think it was Bulgaria but maybe not. Anyway not France. I don't know where France came from and when you think about it I don't think Frances exsited as France as we know it back then. Wasn't it Gaul?

Private User
7/6/2017 at 9:26 AM

I am still looking up dates and I gather France became Francia in the 4 00's . So they were in existence for many many years. Probablly bigger then what we know as France today

7/6/2017 at 10:10 AM

Poor old Bernard. I'm sure he was quite pleased to be be king of Italy and now no one even knows that that meant ;)

Bernard's Italy was the old Lombard kingdom in northern Italy, conquered by Charlemagne.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Italy_(Holy_Roman_Empire)

7/6/2017 at 10:50 AM

And he didn't exactly have a happy ending :-)

7/6/2017 at 1:01 PM

Ok. I am totally useless here. I have nothing to offer.

But I'm going to say anyway that every time I see this thread I think, really? Voltaire? We're in Candide?

And we aren't.

Hoping that now that I have relieved myself of THAT little mental burden, my life can go on in its usual tracks.

Private User
7/6/2017 at 3:04 PM

And yes Justin. I knew that but where in now Italy was it. Remember Italy like Greece
was broken up into indiv. states/kingdoms.Northern. The whole northern. I'd like to see a map showing how these little kingdoms were laid out, Would be really interesting. You have to admit just say king of Italy does conjure up Italy as we now know it.Just sayin<

Private User
7/6/2017 at 3:09 PM

Looking at the map on the link. It is really from the middle of Italy all the way north. Now that's interesting. And did the Lombard's , just wondering, end up in England as an English family? It can be very interesting tracing where families originally started and then ended up in Europe.

Showing all 17 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion