"The Outlaw" Rob Roy MacGregor - Merging

Started by Stephen Leslie Clarke on Wednesday, December 23, 2015
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 9 posts
12/23/2015 at 3:03 AM

Hi, Could we please merge your Rob Roy MacGregor with ours, so that we can see if your McDonalds are related to ours?
Thanks
Steve Clarke

Private User
12/24/2015 at 9:05 PM

Add some dates, please, and a source for the sister. The MP version has no sisters.

12/30/2015 at 6:02 AM

Hi Maven.
You are my 18th cousin once removed, as shown here http://www.geni.com/path/Stephen-Clarke+is+related+to+Maven-B-Helms... .

Which dates would you like, and for whom? I have the tree of Rob Roy in Geni and Ancestry, but the one I am questioning is the one here in Geni where in the profile, the 'sister' is the main person in the profile and Rob Roy is shown as only having that sister and no other relos.

That profile is here: .Annie MacGregor .

And since I have some MacDonalds in my family, and so does this profile, I thought I would ask to check it out.
Could you let me know if you have any further info on this one?

Thanks
Regards Steve

Private User
12/30/2015 at 7:34 AM

"The Outlaw" Rob Roy belongs to an Abandoned Tree which was never connected to the main tree. This means we'll probably need a Curator's help to get him connected.

This is the "official" profile for him: Rob Roy MacGregor

Found some Johnstons who may be related to the Abandoned Tree, but no evidence of a daughter Jane: http://www.islandregister.com/johnston1.html

More later.

12/30/2015 at 8:00 AM

Merged into big tree

Annie Mac Gregor is your 6th cousin 10 times removed's sister.

But it might be worthwhile to "walk" her husband's tree & see what that brings.

Private User
12/30/2015 at 12:35 PM

Thank you, Erica!

Private User
12/30/2015 at 12:52 PM

Haven't a lot of confidence in the Welch/Welsh connection (John Welsh III is a highly dubious link).

We are connected at a slightly more distant remove through the Burnell/Benthall and Hamby/Hanby lineages. There's also the inevitable Cheney link (ugh) - they're related to *everybody*.

And there's a Tyrell-White-Plummer link as well - so yeah, cousins several different ways.

3/16/2020 at 3:33 PM

Stephen Leslie Clarke I just looked and we are cousins. WAY back cousins but nonetheless.

3/16/2020 at 3:36 PM

Private User we are also cousins, 11th so again a fair distance back.

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion