Unknown Father and Mother of William Rogers SR of Watford

Started by William L. Torzsas on Wednesday, December 2, 2015
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 6 posts
12/2/2015 at 7:34 PM

Why isn't the Unknown Father listed as Thomas John Rogers and the Unknown Mother as Margaret Wyatt ?
Rootsweb World Connect Project/Ancestry.com has a long list of descendants that show this. Are they all wrong
and whoever listed Unknown Father and Mother right ? I spent hours listing the names of the descendants before
William Rogers SR of Watford just to see them disappear and The Unknowns appear. So now instead of enjoying
researching my family history it's stressing me out and for what ?

12/2/2015 at 8:34 PM

Please cut and paste the URL for the profile into the discussion so we know which Thomas John Rogers you are talking about.

Many many online sites are in error. That often happens and the errors are copied from site to site.

Geni is a site where we can do better because we are constantly improving. If a site has no reliable sources - preferably primary sources such as baptisms, birth certificates, visitations, etc. - then you should be skeptical.

12/2/2015 at 8:38 PM

Rev. John Rogers "The Martyr" has parents with those names :)

I'll look for William Rogers, of Watford next.

12/2/2015 at 8:44 PM

Take a look at the very reliable sources that the curator for William Rogers, Sr., of Watford has listed.

The ancestry of the Mayflower passengers has been thoroughly researched and we have tried to use the best and most up-to-date sources for them.

The curator, Erica Howton, has done an awesome job on the Mayflower passengers.

By the way, William Rogers, Sr., of Watford is my 12th great grandfather :)

This is a nice site: http://watfordvillage.weebly.com/pilgrim-fathers.html

5/26/2017 at 12:23 PM

Thank-you

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion