Started by Erica Howton on Friday, November 13, 2015
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 5 posts
11/13/2015 at 3:04 PM

Disconnecting

Virginia Dare as wife (no known children)
John Smith as child
Edward Smith as child
Virginia Grimm as child

Letting Private User know

Private User
11/15/2015 at 5:01 PM

The job isn't finished - this profile Roger Dare is a fairly obvious graft.

John White was *never* able to retrieve his daughter Eleanor or to learn her fate, so the chances that this Roger was any son of hers are somewhere between zero and the square root of minus one.

Neither does she have a confirmed death date.

Private User
11/15/2015 at 5:06 PM

Also, all of the connected profiles have been completely orphaned and *no one* has any responsibility for them.

Private User
11/15/2015 at 5:10 PM

One curious item that came up when I checked around to verify, is that John White had a twin brother named Robert:

as the will of his twin brother Robert White bequeathing him property in the city of Plymouth, referred to him as “of Plymouth”
Transcripts of Robert White’s will are in the same MSS [Queen’s College, Oxford, MSS 137]; and in the New World Tapestry Library (as is the New World Tapestry) at the British Empire & Commonwealth Museum, Bristol, England.

and possibly a sister named Bridget:

The last surviving document related to White is a letter he wrote from Ireland in 1593 to the publisher of the prints of his Roanoke drawings. However, a record from May 1606 that a Bridget White was appointed estate administrator for her brother "John White" may refer to him.[citation needed]

11/15/2015 at 5:14 PM

When a profile is completely orphaned like this, anyone can use "manager options" to request management, and it should be adoptable. I have chosen not to request mgmt in this area at this time, because I'm studying later Virginia at the moment & don't want to confuse myself. Further. :)

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion