Missing generation

Started by Alex Moes on Tuesday, October 27, 2015
Showing all 6 posts
10/27/2015 at 11:48 PM

Sitric "Cáech" ua Ímair, King of Dublin & York is showing on Geni as Ivarr Gudrodson, king of Dublin's son which means we are missing someone in between.

Cawley shows:

5. SIHTRIC "Caoch" (-[926/27]). The Annals of Ulster record that "Sitriuc grandson of Imar landed with his fleet at Cenn Fuait on the coast of Laigin”

http://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/IRELAND.htm#_Toc389126206

10/28/2015 at 12:36 AM

Justin Durand

I think there was a bad merge on this profile

Sigtrygg Ivarsson was merged into Sitric "Cáech" au Ímair, King of Dublin & York by Justin Swanström. 22 Jun at 12:37 PM

Cawley gives Imar a son named Sitric which would be the "Sigtrygg Ivarsson" of the merge:

c) SIHTRIC (-killed 896).

who you seem to have merged with

5. SIHTRIC "Caoch" (-[926/27]). The Annals of Ulster record that "Sitriuc grandson of Imar landed with his fleet at Cenn Fuait on the coast of Laigin”

10/28/2015 at 12:38 AM

PS I still have no idea who [[6000000003635713009[[ is supposed to be

10/28/2015 at 3:49 PM

Alex, you might be right it was a bad merge but I wouldn't assume so without seeing the surrounding family on that particular profile. I will unmerge it if you want to take a look.

The Guthorm you are wondering about seems to be just a doublet for his father of the same name, left over from a merge somewhere.

I don't want to pollute this discussion with my own ideas. I follow a non-standard reconstruction so when I do merges in this area I always follow what is already here rather than trying to "correct" it.

10/28/2015 at 4:08 PM

I did suspect that Guthorm is a duplicate of his father but i cannot find either of the on Medlands. Guthorm is the link between Ivarr's family and Ragnar's as both Guthorms are married to NN Ragnarsdatter.

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion