Lady Mary Scott (Howard) - Who's her parents?

Started by Carole (Erickson) Pomeroy,Vol. Curator on Saturday, September 5, 2015
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 61-70 of 70 posts

Well Wikitree is wrong on (at least) one of the children

http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Scott-12801

I had peeled that (GED file upload legacy) off Edmund last night.

There's also an "Angela Clements" as another wife of George Scott/mother of Edmund Scott. No idea where that came from. Most of it is basically correct, though, and they don't show descent from the Scot's Hall Scotts or the aristocratic Howards.

The discussion on those WikiTree pages shows they are fighting the same misinformation we are.

Bah, I've found something else. Should we start a new thread? What is it with these wandering Scotts?

The children of Nicholas c1521--5/3/1562, son of George and Margaret and brother of Edmund of Rattlesden, were all born after 5/3/1562. Except for the oldest child, the dates don't work.

However, these names and dates all match the children of his brother Edmund, down to the two Annes (one buried in 1564 and another bapt. in 1569).

Nicholas Scott, Sr.

Issue-

I. Edmund- bpt. 31 May 1562 Bradfield, m. 16 Sept. 1583 Rattlesden, Agnes Losse, bur. 14 July 1642 Rattlesden, Suffolk

II. Anne- bur. 28 July 1564 Bradfield, Suffolk

5III. HENRY- bpt. 1 Nov. 1560 Bradfield, m. 25 July 1594 Rattlesden, MARTHA WHATLOCK (bpt. 18 July 1568 Rattlesden, d. after 1634 Mass.), bur. 24 Dec. 1624 Rattlesden

IV. Mary- bpt. 2 Aug. 1565 Bradfield

V. Dinay- bpt. 18 June 1567, Rattlesden, m. 8 Jan. 1588 Rattlesden, John Ransone

VI. Anne- bpt. 21 Aug. 1569, [possibly m. John Stockdale]

VII. Rose- bpt. 15 Sept. 1571, bur. 19 Sept. 1571 Rattlesden

VIII. George- bpt. 31 Jan. 1574 Rattlesden

IX. Nicholas- bpt. 13 June 1576 Rattlesden, m. 7 Apr. 1603 Rattlesden, Anne Batman(bur. 4 Mar. 1637/8 Rattlesden), bur. 29 Nov. 1606 Rattlesden

Leave it here, I will move them over to Edmund.

Those children just can't decide who their daddy is.

:)

Here's a good source for Edmund Scott & his family

http://www.geni.com/photo/view/6000000006444054608?album_type=photo...=

I will try uploading as documents also.

Shorter list of children, missing Mary and the first Anne. The list of Edmund's children I pasted above came from here:

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~mainegenie/SCOTT.htm

??????

Waiting to find out who's who's now

valerie cawthan

Going back to the original question for this discussion:

"Lady Mary (Howard) Scott -- who's her parents?"

We have arrived at an answer.

No one.

She didn't exist.

She's not a stand in, Mis identified, mixed up, Mis named, etc.

She's an invented fabrication to accompany a "died young" man from the prominent family, Scott of Scot's Hall.

Their "children" were grafted, in pedigrees, onto the charts are emigrants to New England, concealing their documented & perfectly respectable origin in a Scott's family in a different part of England that has no known relationship to the Scott's of Scot Hall.

And unfortunately, these lies are given continual credence and circulation by copy & paste genealogy, so I hope we who now understand what happened will help others understand, too.

@Thank You

Showing 61-70 of 70 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion