Pépin I, king of Aquitaine - Children missing?

Started by Sharon Doubell on Friday, August 28, 2015
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 31-48 of 48 posts

Mr Martisson you can hear the trace of the evolution of soud and maybe a clue of the how they say it long time ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji4U52-02oE

they use a masked sound now as (hhh) in paris in france in our time / its not a iii final

well i use to say it in old french pariss and evrytime a elder smile at me

Grimhildis

Anyone care to clean up the name while I relocate her not! Children?

(i need help relocating the not! Children also ...)

Umm ... you two do understand the chansons de geste are fiction, don't you?

It would be like reading the novel Dracula and thinking you've discovered new material about Vlad the Impaler.

It's all new material to me ...
:)

This is absolutely basic to working in this time period, which is why I'm so scandalized. I'm just speechless.

I've never worked in this time period before. I "caught" a cleanup when Sharon was on hiatus and was greatly reliant on another to get it right. So - that's how I ended up curating one profile in this area, and consequently, received the message on the Roussillon's. Of course I'd be happy if someone re curated, but until then I'm struggling along trying to ensure the tree is OK.

The tree is fine now.

The children of Grimhildis (according to MedLands) were

Engeltrude of Fézensac, wife of Odo of Orléans, and mother of Ermentrude of Orléans who married future emperor Charles the Bald.
Adalard the Seneschal (seneschal of the Carolingian empire under the reign of Louis the Pious)
Girart de Roussillon (or Gerard II of Paris), count of Paris, Roussillon, and Vienne.

But the Geni tree has:

Grimhildis of Fezensac Aquataine (de roussillon) MP 
Birth: circa 788
Death: circa 856 (60-76)
Immediate Family:
Daughter of Baudouin (Balduin) d'Aquitaine 
Wife of Leuthard II, count of Paris 
Mother of Oda of d'Orleans-Eifelgua (de Paris); Ruthildis of Paris; Bego II de Flavigny; Theodrada d'Orleans (de Paris) and Adalard de Paris 

===

No Girard, and two extra daughters, and a name that does not meet conventions?

Ah thanks for the name!

Theodra = Odra?

Just starting on Grimhildis now, but I'm very schizy about spending any time on the area if the majority opinion is going to be to throw academic sources overboard in favor of romance poetry.

I don't think there's any danger of that.

Justin - the mention of the chanson de geste located Bertha for me. Which led to Roussillon, then Wikipedia, and then back to MedLands. It's an orientation, a compass if you like, that relates to something I do know (the Song of Roland). Without that reference I was very disoriented & MedLands meaningless. With the reference and the story, the structure laid down by MedLands then can more easily, in my mind, be a base.

I wouldn't think of fixing a tree (which is what I'm tasked to do as curator) based on anything other than the sources suggested. But I do need to be oriented, and poetry, music & art help with that, hope it's OK.

Well done Erica, anything that gets Justin back into this part of the tree - especially scandalization is worth its weight in gold :-)

Oh hey now Geni says http://www.geni.com/people/Gérard-II-count-of-Roussillon/6000000002... is my 32nd great grandfather

I'm in a Matter of France?

The tree is so much more coherent now.

Thank you from "I was lost, but now I'm found ,.."

I'm glad that you found your 32nd great grandfather! It seems that he is mine also. Going on a small vacation with a transcript of MedLands for comfort. Hope to catch up soon.

MedLands as vacation reading! Oh, my. :)

http://www.geni.com/merge/compare/4764222

Merge, resolve dates / names to the Master Profile, disconnect from Bertha, who was married only to his son?

Showing 31-48 of 48 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion