Svend III Grathe - Grathe Kapel fundet

Started by Anette Guldager Boye on Tuesday, August 4, 2015
Showing all 13 posts
8/4/2015 at 8:57 AM

Ny Udgravning ved Grathe har måske placeret Grathe Kirke. Det sted hvor Kong Svend blev slået ihjel.

http://politiken.dk/kultur/ECE2780462/arkaeologer-finder-kapellet-f...

Private User
8/4/2015 at 9:27 AM

Nice family

Svend III Grathe is my first cousin 22 times removed.
he murdered Knud V
Kong Svend"Grathe" Estridsøn af Danmark, III

Knud V(III) Magnussøn, av Sverige, Konge af Danmark is my 23rd great uncle.
Knud V(III) av Danmark Magnusson, Konge af Danmark

Valdemar I The Great, King of Denmark is my 22nd great grandfather. He won over Svend III
Valdemar the Great, King of Denmark

8/4/2015 at 9:35 AM

Ja og han blev slev slået ihjel. Syntes at være det almindelige i kongefamilien den gang.

Ca det samme til mig.

Svend III Grathe is your first cousin 23 times removed.

Ulf, Valdimar 1 The great, king King of Denmark is my 23 rd Great Grandfather.

Anette , You are my 22 nd Cousin twice removed.

Can one of you send my a Danish or Swedish dictionary.

I am in Namibia .

Private User
8/4/2015 at 3:12 PM
8/4/2015 at 11:42 PM

Well I'll try to keep this in English then.
What I am saying is that King Svend Grathes place of death has been found. The church at the place has been escavated. Its a very interesting find and it adds to the knowlehge of the civilwar at the time. Svend III Grathe killed his predecessor and Valdemar I that followed then killed him. Ofcause they where all related.
So the murdering stayed in the family.

Fun times!

Valdemar I The Great, King of Denmark is your 22nd great grandfather.

And Google translate can also do it reasonable well. OFcause you can not get all the details, but the essence of it should be possible.
I have not yet found any info about the find in English, but the whole thing is also very fresh.

8/5/2015 at 11:11 PM

It was also mentioned yesterday in the news on Danish Television. Its a big deal. There is a graveyard where Svend Grathe might be buried.
He did not recieve a royal burial.

Anette Thanks, I love archaeology, history and that stuff.
But don't change your language for my sake. I myself am Afrikaans speaking and one of the few who partake in discussions because you usually have to do it in English. (Although most South Africans are fluent in reading English, refuse to communicate in it.. The Anglo/Boer war of a 115 years ago is still skin-deep and being the minority we have to fight daily to keep the language alive.) Afrikaans is classified as an African language.

We have 11 official languages. (Don't do something strange here you can be scolded in all 11 Languages)

8/6/2015 at 10:46 AM

I dont mind the english. Most danes dont. Ofcause its mostly the younger people that are fluent in English.
We danes more have this thing against germany. I suppose 1000 years of history get stuck with you. A lot of danes kind of love to dislike the Germans - Sorry Germans. Its not personal.
Howevr it has gotten less pronounced these days.

Sorry the ydont take part because they have to do it in english. I think as most have problems understanding danish, most get pretty lost with Africaans. Me included.

It is a very exciting find. One that I will follow for sure to see what they find!.

Let me pleases know the outcome. Use my profile to send me the massage as I am not always following every discussion.

8/6/2015 at 11:22 AM

I'll do that!

Showing all 13 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion