My tree is once again been messed with

Started by Beverly Joan Petrice on Wednesday, July 15, 2015
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 31-59 of 59 posts

Michael I'm in the middle of trying to help Pamela & Beverly. Can your path question wait? Probably the server cache needs refreshing which pro's can do.

Pamela Joyce Tisdale Poppe Antrup

Is this the John Tisdale, IV you mentioned?

"Judith who married John Tisdale IV and on down the line to my grandmother, mother and myself making them all grandparents ..."

I show him as "John Tisdale, IV is your first cousin thrice removed's wife's second great aunt's husband's second cousin once removed."

http://www.geni.com/path/Erica-Howton+is+related+to+John-Tisdale?fr...

BUT as noted above - I'm a direct Hungerford descendant also (according to Geni). So when there are multiple paths to the same ancestor, Geni will cache the shortest relationship between two modes for easier retreival, and when you get as far back as 18th, obviously we will have a bewildering amount of optional pathways. The "pushpin" tool is the best way to show direct lines from ancestor to ancestor, I'll post a FAQ with screen shots shortly.

I am not clear on your comment:

"the reluctancy to show John King and Catherine Drury as Rev. John King's parents but all other sights show that they are so I will go with that ...."

Can you post a link for that area?

Erica Howton yes it can wait. I can ask some one else..
I'm not really familar with the hungerford line I try and stay out of it.

Pamela Joyce Tisdale Poppe Antrup

Here's the pushpin tool, I love it, one of Geni's strengths

http://help.geni.com/entries/458560-How-To-Find-Other-People-s-Rela...

Using it I get "Pamela Joyce Antrup-Compton (Anderson) is John Tisdale, IV's 6th great granddaughter!"

You can click the blue links in each step of the path from "share this path"

http://www.geni.com/path/John-Tisdale+is+related+to+Pamela-Antrup-C...

So my next step is to use the pushpin on Sir Walter, see what we get.

Ok - Tisdale line is not direct to Hungerford according to Geni

Walter de Hungerford is John Tisdale, IV's mother-in-law's husband's daughter's husband's 13th great grandfather.

http://www.geni.com/path/John-Tisdale+is+related+to+Walter-de-Hunge...

Now inspect the color changes in the path between. I see a change at

Elizabeth Richmond

Is this something that you know differently genealogically ?

Private I don't know what you thought you saw but using the pushpin tool, before recalculating, I got

Dea. William Douglas is Michael mcCann's 10th great grandfather.

http://www.geni.com/path/Michael-mcCann+is+related+to+Dea-William-D...

You owe me 10 minutes, I have lots of merging you could get done for me in 10 minutes.

:)

My dirrect path should be deacon william
william his son
richard his son
william his son
william his son
william his son
william his son
samuel his son
samuel his son
henry his son
marion his daugther donald her son my mother me. not me my mom her father his mother her father his father samuel sr his mother lucretia her father david calkins his mother lurcretia calkins her mother susanna turner her mother sarah keeny her father william so somthing is slightly off but
I have some merges to fix right now anyway thanks for reminding me.

That's too detailed a fix for this thread, Michael. You need to visually compare the pushpin path against what you think it should be, checking for data conflicts & tree conflicts & outstanding merge requests (use "check for nearby merge issues" from the actions menu of the profiles).

Work bottom up, NOT top down.

I would also suspect the Geni path is correct and he's a double 10th gg for you. Is that possible?

there are some data conflicts for me to fix yes but not with the douglas line now that you mention it...
hmm...
you are right i should have gone bottom up first not top down.
but it gets me there correctly I think I i'll double check I just realized that it may be possible some how that i'm double gg.. i'll do some work and report back on that.. thanks.. Whoa.. 444 data conflicts on william 1610... That will take me a lot more then 10 min to sort thru... ugh...

you know what would be cool is if some one could build a problem finder into to history graph and have a list of suggsted fixes when done.
maybe i'll ask jeff on that one..

i've been so tied down with real life i havn't really had a chance to examine all the tools on here... too busy dealing with planning a birthday for a 2 year old when his brother is deployed...

ok so i worked with the push pin.. It says my mom is his 9th great granddaugther.. hmm...

my calculations say it should be 9x great grandson

Erica: Thanks for your help. This is the profile where I believe the line gets broken. Goodman John King, of Weymouth

Most feel that John King and Catherine Drury are his parents. I cannot get documentation as I cannot get into England's birth records on ancestry at this time. True, they did have a son named John. The question is, was it THIS John King.

Pamela Joyce Tisdale Poppe Antrup I have a internaional package..
Would u like me to confirm somthing?

Michael: Thanks. If you can. I was just checking this profile. John King, Jr.
Most on ancestry, with records, show this John Goodman-1605, as parents unknown but they show John Goodman King-1600, married Mary Blucks, as the son of John King and Catherine Drury. Unfortunantly without checking and cross referencing this how merges can get complicated, myself included. That is why I choose not to merge someone else's profiles unless I am absolutely certain. As with Sir John King-1560. According to the Dictionary of National Biography there was inaccurate information.

Pamela & Michael

There are some very clear notes in the Geni profile & curator note

"This is the Master Profile for Goodman John King, of Weymouth.
Curator Note from Hatte Anne Blejer (Rubenstein) (2/25/2014):
Parents not Sir John King and Catherine Drury King. John King of Weymouth came apparently as a servant of Dep. Governor John Humphrey whereas the now-detached parents were nobility who remained in England and none of their family emigrated."

So if you want to revisit that previously done research you'll have a fight on your hands I'm afraid. Disproven is disproven to me.

And if you check the "discussion" tab, you'll see this comment:

"The mother of John King of Weymouth (1600-c.1669) should not be listed as Catherine Drury (1567-1617) unless more proof is available. According to The Peerage, her son John never emigrated from Ireland. There are other discrepancies with regards to Catherine Drury - it is questionable whether Elizabeth Carew is the mother of Catherine Drury. But moreso, it's highly questionable whether John King of Weymouth is Catherine Drury's son. There is a significant amount of discussion around the internet as far as the children of Catherine Drury. This hurts- I wish Drury was my 10x great-grandmother and Elizabeth Carew her mother. But fact is, it's doubtful John King of Weymouth is John King, son of Catherine Drury."

I see the note. Thanks. Pretty much confirmed what i was going to say last night but was so tired and did not want to cause more problems. Sorry pamela

So pamela and erica did some one merge a mp? I thought that was not possible...

Michael - MPs are merge able, it's a non issue.

Thanks, I understand. It also states that they had nine children where as the Dictionary of National Biography states they only had six. Unfortunantly only four are mentioned and John is not one of them. It will remain a mystery unless "solid" documentation can be located. I will keep searching.

Of course erica i knew that was just trying to figure out if there were any other problems. I,m detangling my own tree closer to 1900 at the moment. I see what you mean about uncertiain info on ancestry i saw some of those trees and sources but didnt really think they would pass muster.

Pamela Joyce Tisdale Poppe Antrup excellent, glad it's all making sense to you.

As a rule of thumb, there "is" no "unknown gentry" ancestry to be found in the immigrants to New England in the Great Migration (some 25,000 arrivers from England between 1621-1640). The few that "took ship" were well known at that time - The Lady Arabella, daughter of the 3rd Earl of Lincoln, being a notable example: the flagship of the Winthrop Fleet named for her.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winthrop_Fleet

These arrivers were comprised of the rising English middle class: neither as impoverished as we might have thought, nor as wealthy.

Just to update, I also removed John King's of Weymouth parents after further research but I did find this : http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/CAREW1.htm#Elizabeth CAREW6

Elizabeth CAREW

Born: ABT 1560

Married: Robert DRURY of Laughlin

Children:

1. Thomas DRURY

2. Catherine DRURY

3. John DRURY of Dublin

4. Robert DRURY of Callow :

http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/DRURY.htm#Catherine DRURY2

Catherine DRURY

Died: Oct 1617

Notes: Direct ancestors of the Earls of Kingston.

Father: Robert DRURY of Laughlin

Mother: Elizabeth CAREW

Married: John KING of Abbeyboyle (Sir)

Children:

1. Edward KING

2. Margaret KING

According to Tudor Elizabeth Carew is the mother of Catherine Drury. Catherine married John KING of Abbeyboyle (Sir) and they had two children, Edward and Margaret. So, the question is still to John King of Weymouth, his wife and parents. Hope this helps.

Yes, this seems right. (I wish TudorPlace showed their source data better).

I would say it's worth looking for further details on

Sir John KING of Abbeyboyle

I'm late to this discussion, mostly because so many lines of mine have beenmessed up, Iin the last couple of months, that I've just lost enthusiasm for the project.
That said, I am directly descended from both King lines under discussion. Somewhere in my files, I have Goodman John King descended from Ralph King, son of Thomees King. Catherine Drury is not related to this line, although I have seen some trying to marry her to Ralph.
Interestingly, to me, Sarah King - descendant of Goodman - & Charles King -descendant of Catherine Drury King - married & are my 5th GGP's, so the 2 lines did, eventually, come together.

Unfortunantly I have search multiple sights including most of the geneology ones and can also find no solid documentation as to who John King B. 1600 parents were. I have no access to England's records and that would be the one bit of information that might list so at this point I too have to go with "unknown". I have also checked the trees that say have "records" but nothing lists his parents.

Wow! I missed a really hairy discussion! I look forward to seeing everything "veritably" corrected.

Showing 31-59 of 59 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion