Eleanor Beaufort - can someone tell me how is it she is listed with

Started by tina quay on Thursday, April 30, 2015
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 7 posts
4/30/2015 at 9:36 AM

four kids :: Margaret, Lady Anne, Edmund and Katherine yet all I can seem to find for her kids are Margaret Carey and Katherine... I have looked on many sites and other places but can not find proof of the other two kids..can someone please tell me or fix the problem as it is linking this Daughter Anne to other people to give ancestors.. thank you

4/30/2015 at 9:38 AM

Erica Howton it for some reason wouldn't let me tag you in first post..

4/30/2015 at 3:28 PM

Hi Tina - I see the problem. Not sure i have a solution yet but let's work backwards from Ann Pargiter & see what we can find for sources.

4/30/2015 at 3:39 PM

There is a relationship with the Spencer's, we need to translate it better into tree.

From https://books.google.com/books?id=BlWF5M-Q-sAC&lpg=PA102&ot...

The Shakespeare country illustrated By John Leyland, page 102

(continued in next post)

4/30/2015 at 3:41 PM

Kytson's daughter, Catherine, to Sir John Spencer of Wormleighton, whose grandson, Sir Robert Spencer, was created Baron Spencer of Wormleighton in 1603.

This relationship was further strengthened by the marriage of Laurence Washington of Northampton and Sulgrave with Amee or Amy, daughter of Robert Pargiter of Gretworth, whose near kinsman, William Pargiter, married the sister of the first Lord Spencer's wife. This nobleman and his son William, Lord Spencer, were the firm friends of the son and grandsons of Laurence Washington, and their friendship was almost certainly the influence ....

4/30/2015 at 4:02 PM

I wonder if by "Knight" they meant Knightley? Ann (Knight) Pargiter was from Charwelton

http://www.british-history.ac.uk/rchme/northants/vol3/pp43-47

By 1547 the third Thomas Andrews kept 1200 sheep in the parish, another 500 sheep were owned by the Knightley family of Fawsley and a further 300 by another freeholder (K. J. Allison et al., The Deserted Villages of Northants.

4/30/2015 at 5:32 PM

In any event, Lady Lady Anne Knight was not a known daughter of Eleanor Beaufort & Robert Spencer, so she has been disconnected from these parents. Edmund Spencer has been separated from them also.

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion