Richard of Conisburgh, 3rd Earl of Cambridge - Clean this mess up, please

Started by Private User on Thursday, April 9, 2015
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Showing all 26 posts
Private User
4/9/2015 at 2:02 PM

There are uncompleted Merge Requests, there's an un-wife, there are other problems.

4/9/2015 at 2:16 PM

I believe you need to "contact curator" as the note indicates.

Private User
4/9/2015 at 2:20 PM

Check the name of the curator. He is generally not very responsive.

4/9/2015 at 2:24 PM

Then contact Geni Customer Support, perhaps.

Private User
4/9/2015 at 2:27 PM

The un-wife(?) was attached to Richard II, actually, with a line of Zombie descendants - and that one I contacted all managers about.

Private User
4/9/2015 at 2:50 PM

Contacted Mike Stangel directly. I hope he's able to light a fire under somebody.

Private
4/9/2015 at 3:31 PM

ok.. do you need me to spread some zombie killing magic on the loose profiles?

Private User
4/9/2015 at 3:46 PM

Tammy seems to be on that project - knock on wood....

Private User
4/10/2015 at 4:53 AM

Private User did you try sending a message to the curator, if so what was her/his response?

Private User
4/10/2015 at 6:34 AM

No response yet.

Found out on my own that this may have been yet another holdover from the Merge-Mania Mess back around the turn of the year. Somehow the founder of Yorke of Gowthwaite Sir Richard Yorke, (I) http://ingilbyhistory.ripleycastle.co.uk/ingilby_3/YORKE%20of%20Gow... got Crazy-Glued onto Plantagenet (York), where he definitely did *not* belong.

Getting his line reconstructed and reattached to the Big Tree at the *proper* place is going to be a significant project.

Private User
4/10/2015 at 7:15 AM

I did a bit of a clean up around Richard of Conisburgh, and merged a couple of profiles around him, pity that the profiles that needed to be merged had a minimum of information added just the bare minimum to make sure they are the same. I am not fond of all these duplicates.
Some data conflicts might still need sorting as they did not show up to me yet.

Private User
4/10/2015 at 7:19 AM

Maybe Pam Wilson (on hiatus) will be so kind to have a look too as Pam curates a couple of profiles in this area as well.

Private User
4/10/2015 at 7:26 AM

Yorke of Gowthwaite seems to be on the edges of an area I have some familiarity with (Mallory of Studley and their neighbors). Will see what I can do with them.

Private User
4/10/2015 at 7:38 AM

Somebody please either DESTROY of Merge this profile: Richard of York, 3rd Duke of York

The whole area is so Deathlocked that I cannot touch it. Not even to *add a name* to the anonymous mother.

Private User
4/10/2015 at 7:52 AM

My laptop battery is nearly dead, destroying might not be an option if it is too connected already, needs to be merged and sorted.

Private
4/10/2015 at 8:35 AM

Private User i can't remember who's spcility is the planagent line but I will lite a fire under them to sort that out.

Private User
4/10/2015 at 3:14 PM

Probably do more harm than good. :-( Thanks for the offer, though, Mike.

Private
4/10/2015 at 3:24 PM

Plantagenet lines.. I seem to remember some curator was it Heather (Fachet) Bond Maybe that worked on the tudor and planaget lines? she might know more about this being correct then i would...

Private
4/10/2015 at 3:26 PM

or Gene Daniell maybe? those are the 2 i turn to when I have a problem trying to figure them all out.

Private
4/10/2015 at 3:28 PM

that area is a mess even for the seasoned pro

Private User
4/11/2015 at 12:56 PM

Formal Merge Request on matching profiles - the recent add-on has been "cleaned".

Private User
4/11/2015 at 1:11 PM

Merged Private User

4/18/2015 at 11:52 PM

Hi! Pam here. Sorry to come on a week late. What exactly needs to be done at this point?

3/19/2016 at 11:00 PM

What needs to be done? will love to fix any problem. If you have any more information i would be most thankful. I will research where the problem is.

3/19/2016 at 11:35 PM

Hi Robert Kaehuokalani Lowe

It looks like Sir Richard Yorke, (I) was well separated from the Plantagenet he was not, and there are some good references in the profile "about" now.

But if it were me, I would check each link on the relationship path between him and me, and ensure each profile is sourced / referenced and as correct as you can get.

Your help would be much appreciated. Geni is a dynamic merge environment where errors can be introduced or old genealogical mistakes perpetuated. But several hands to work make the accuracy task easier.

Showing all 26 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion