Sir Peter Empson - Clarification on Peter Empson being the son of Francis Pierrepont

Started by Private on Sunday, February 22, 2015
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 7 posts
Private
2/22/2015 at 8:04 AM

I’m a descendant of the Spencers and confused about the Empson – Pierrepont lineage. My research indicates that Elizabeth Empson married John Spencer. She is the daughter of Peter Empson and Elizabeth Joseph. Peter Empson is the son of Francis “Pierrepont” and Margaret Burdon.

Is Pierrepont the step-father of Peter Empson? Or, is it meaning, Peter Empson of Pierrepont and he adopted Pierrepont as his surname?

Can someone clarify this? Thanks.

2/22/2015 at 9:18 AM

What I can find is it appears the father's name should be Francis Empson and the name Pierrepoint, is part of the location of their marriage, that being Holme Pierrepoint, Nottinghamshire, England

Private
2/22/2015 at 1:49 PM

Thanks, your response is very helpful.

Private User
10/26/2015 at 4:18 AM

Is really Sir Peter Empson, Sr. this Peter born 1414 the son of Sir Francis Pierrepont, Kt. as his grandfather was born on 1408?

10/26/2015 at 7:50 PM

Dates that seem more accurate, Henry born 1370, married Thomasina Melton, Francis born 1389, married Margaret Burdon, Peter born 1414, married Elizabeth Empson.

Private User
10/27/2015 at 12:13 AM

Thank you Roger Jacobs,
Would you like to update the tree with the more accurate dates so that this part gets sorted yout?

11/14/2020 at 5:08 PM

Is there any documentation for the parents of this Peter Empson? None of the links I checked in his About section show any parents for him at all.

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion