Capt Myles Standish, "Mayflower" Passenger - Thomas not verfied son as per silvar books mayflower 5 gen

Started by Private on Friday, February 20, 2015
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 12 posts
Private
2/20/2015 at 3:09 PM

thomas is not a son of them.. I checked with the mayflower socity. discovered this by acident looking for a alden line that connects to standish..

2/20/2015 at 4:03 PM

Sounds like we need to disconnect Thomas. That is ok with me.

Private
2/20/2015 at 4:06 PM

yeah.. I was at the lds church verifying john alden in the silver 5 generation book but also took a look at standish and it says there is not enough proof to make a determation on thomas son of mlyes and barbera..

2/20/2015 at 5:57 PM

Perhaps--John Alden... my 9th great grandfather...they're all connected. At least a dozen of them are my ancestors

2/20/2015 at 6:01 PM

oops..sorry..maybe wrong track..try Alexander Standish

2/20/2015 at 6:11 PM

I'm sorry...I came in on the conversation late..but they're all relative...many of us are descended from many of them... my cousin and I did a bit of research a while back...you may check our lines...just wait a second....
~Michael mcCann is Robin Lind Stevens' 10th cousin once removed!~
~Mary Sanford /Drexler is your 10th cousin.~
So check out my profile and also that of Christopher Bahls...we've done a lot of work over the years! Cheers... :)

2/20/2015 at 6:14 PM

Andrew and Zeruiah RING...

2/20/2015 at 9:15 PM

Private you have agreement.

From the notes in the profile for Thomas Standish, of Wethersfield

June 2014

From Geni member AL Howard

"The desire to link him to Myles has resurfaced every decade for hundred years. The Standish Family of Wethersfield was extremely active in tracing their roots at the turn of the century. This Thomas has no proven connection to Rose or Myles unless something was uncovered in the last few years to the contrary. It had been well researched, but has also been surmised to perhaps be a nephew or cousin."

====

I had disconnected then but clearly The Legend Lives On.

So this time I will make placeholder "unknown parents" and look for volunteers to co manage.

2/20/2015 at 9:50 PM

Thomas Standish's mother

Thomas Standish's father

Please request management to help keep the Geni tree accurate.

Private
2/21/2015 at 11:12 AM

Thank you. Will do so. Mike.

Showing all 12 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion