parents of Lady and Howard debate as to birth location

Started by Roberta Hall on Sunday, February 15, 2015
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 11 posts
2/15/2015 at 2:42 PM

Please bare with me as I'm new to this site...
This is the second time I have typed this out as the first time it was deleted.

I am a descendant of William and Ann Howard Tunnel thru their son Rev. Stephen Tunnell.

Some information I have read over the last few days is saying Ann and her parents Henry and Elizabeth Moss Howard but born in England, Henry and Elizabeth both being buried in Yorkshire, England.

On the other side of the coin. I have read that Ann and her parents were all born in Virginia..

I'm sure others have question this information in the past.. I would like to know what is the correct version is and if there is any proof to substantiate it.

2/15/2015 at 3:03 PM

Thank you for starting this discussion.

This is the profile we're referring to:

"Lady" Ann Howard wife of William Tunnell, Jr.

Her parents (according to Geni) were Henry Howard & Elizabeth Howard

Private User
2/16/2015 at 10:43 PM

http://www.angelfire.com/folk/morgan/fam/fam03398.htm I really interested in this I may be 2 X related as my Father and mother are both related to the Balls and Howards. "Lady" Ann Howard is your 6th great grandmother."Lady" Ann Howard Rev. Stephen Tunnell is your fifth great grandfather.

Private User
2/16/2015 at 11:23 PM

http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/d/e/r/Irene-Deroche/WEBS...

As I looking at profile for Ron Howard I must be double relateed to Him too he was showing on my father side and now him and his Dad are showing on both sides. My family getting way too confusing. Got a lot of same family on both sides! I think Geni needs 2 different colors for mother and Dad sides

2/17/2015 at 1:42 AM

Cousin marriages Donna? (grin)

2/17/2015 at 4:14 AM

Yes Donna, then into Stephens son Nicholas B. Then his daughter Keziah who married Richard B. Wilson.

2/17/2015 at 7:55 AM

Can someone tell me why I don't see all the responses to this thread...
I received a message from Mary Frances Creech letting me know Wilma is still around and also there was a message from Kristine Louise Grimes.. neither one is showing up here.

2/17/2015 at 11:19 AM

Roberta - this is a public board discussion attached to the public profile. There is "also" a response from managers on the Geni private mail string to your query : check your Geni mail "messages."

Private User
7/23/2015 at 3:56 PM

I found some information a while ago that indicated that she was born in VA. The standard story has her born 1700 and living to 114, which I have always suspected. I am about to email someone from here and her well-informed friend Wilma Brown to ask questions. I'm not asking about this mainly, since others are on it, and I have not much signal to add.

I must ask, however, where is or was Elza, TN? I've been in Anderson County a bit, and lived in Knoxville for a few years ( but now Chattanooga ), and have some Clinton connections, and have never heard of Elza .

7/24/2015 at 6:42 AM

Rickey, I would love to hear what you find out... i havent,found anything more then what I have as stated in my original post... as a matter of fact, I need to put a call into the Carrollton illinois historical society...when last I checked in with them they were getting ready to print a book of the genealogies of the families of that area. My Wilson's and Tunnel's (Tunnell married into my Wilson line) lived there...i believe I was told one of my ancestors qualifies as founding pioneer of the area.

Private User
8/22/2015 at 5:28 PM

Roberta, did the documents you were hoping for, show up?

Showing all 11 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion