Zachary S. Taylor, 12th President of the USA - Re: Some errata noticd: Children of Zachary Scott Taylor 12th POTUS and Margaret Mackall Taylot (Smith)

Started by Charles William Γιώργος Schwartz, V on Monday, February 2, 2015
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 16 posts

I find historical records for only six children of President Taylor. I have noticed some apparent discrepancies in the MP. 1. Ann Margaret Mackall Wood (Taylor): only spouse found was Dr. Robert Crooke Wood. The addition of a/ W.W.S.BLISS would be spurious. (Actually, he was married to Ann's sister, Mary Elizabeth Bliss.) and b/John INGRAHAM also no record. 2. Sarah Knox Davis (Taylor) 1st wife of Jefferson Finis Davis. I doubt this union had any issue as it lasted only three months until she succumbed to malaria in September 1835. The MP has appended an offspring Rebecca Hooks. The entire Hooks lineage looks suspicious and would bear review. 3. Blandine Taylor; I don't believe she existed. 4. Knox Taylor; again I doubt the veracity of his existence. 5. William Henry Taylor. This person is problematic, as claims are made that he was the result of a union of Zachary Taylor with a mulatto slave. [See; http://genforum.genealogy.com/taylor/messages/15098.html]. This is a post by William (Bill) A. Taylor in reply to Re;Zachary Taylor Illegitimate Children by Sharon Delores Taylor. (A very readable lineage of some noteworthy distinction). I doubt the issue has been resolved by DNA evidence to date. I hope this does not stir up any controversy. My only goal is the preservation of historical integrity. (I live in Biloxi, MS. less than a half-mile from Beauvior; Davis' last home.) I thank you in advance for any assistance in this matter and of course yield to the expertise of your staff.

Private User
2/2/2015 at 1:15 PM

Ann Margaret Mackall Wood(Taylor) is my 12 cousin 4 x removedhttp://www.geni.com/path/Judy-Rice+is+related ?from=6000000010703185837&to=6000000003938778580 Zachary S.Taylor,12th President of the USA is my 11th cousin 5x removed http://www.geni.com/path/Judy-Rice+is+related+to+Zachary-S-Taylor-1...

Private User
2/2/2015 at 1:17 PM

Nice to meet you Judy. Ann Margaret Mackall Wood (Taylor) is my 11th cousin 5x. That is the blood line. My 2X Great Uncle, Albert Franciscus Schwartz married Myrthe Celeste Stauffer in 1906. Myrthe was the Grand daughter of LtGen Richard Strother Taylor and thus a Grand neice of Ann.

2/2/2015 at 4:17 PM

Hi, Charles! Ann is my 6th cousin 6X, through Patience Brewster & her sister, Fear.

2/2/2015 at 4:23 PM

Here's my path, if it will help clear, some/any of the mysteries surrounding these lineages.

Zachary S. Taylor, 12th President of the USA is your fifth cousin 9 times removed.

You → Linda Sue Cox your mother → Gladys Mae Lockwood Tyler (Kelley) her mother → Vivian Lucille Kelley/Payne/alias- Smith (Cromer) her mother → Floyd Francis Cromer her father → Elizabeth Ann Cromer (Grosvenor) his mother → Araminta Margaret Grosvenor (Whitney) Houser her mother → Francis Tufts Whitney her father → Joseph Whitney his father → Mercy Whitney (Hinckley) his mother → Seth Hinckley her father → Mary Hinckley (Freeman) his mother → Lt. Edmund Freeman her father → Mercy Freeman (Prence) his mother → Patience Prence (Brewster) her mother → Fear Allerton (Brewster) her sister → Isaac Allerton, Jr. her son → Sarah Lee (Allerton) his daughter → Elizabeth Taylor (Lee) her daughter → Col. Richard Lee Taylor, (Cont. Army) her son → Zachary S. Taylor, 12th President of the USA his son

http://www.geni.com/path/Theresa-Renée-Eléna-Delgado-Tossas+is+rela...

2/2/2015 at 4:26 PM

Private User

2/2/2015 at 4:28 PM

Ann is, of course: Ann Margaret Mackall Wood (Taylor) is my 6th cousin 8 times removed.
;-)

2/2/2015 at 4:45 PM

Zachary S. Taylor, 12th President of the USA is your 10th cousin 6 times removed.

I appreciate the interest I seem to have generated in the lineage of Zachary Taylor.I am attempting to "tidy up" the node. He had grand children from only two of his six offspring. Ann Margaret Mackall Wood (Taylor) had four children : John Taylor Wood 1830-1904;Robert Crooke Wood, Jr. 1832-1900;Blandina Dudley (Wood) Boyce 1834-1892; and Sarah Knox Wood 1835-1915. LtGen Richard trother Taylor 1826-1879 with his wife Louise Margaret Myrthe (Bringier) Taylor had five children: Louise Margaret Taylor 1852-1901;Elizabeth Myrthe (Taylor) Stauffer;Zachary Taylor,Jr. 1857-1863;Richard Taylor, Jr. 1860-1863;and Myrthe Bianca (Taylor) Stauffer 1864-1942 (She married her sisters' husbands' brother Isaac Hull Stauffer. There is much work to be done on the site, but wish the approval of fellow managers to accomplish this. Thans all!

2/2/2015 at 6:52 PM

That is Why I "tagged", the Curator of Zachary Taylor's profile, Bjørn P. Brox, so he doesn't miss out on this discussion. ;-)

Private User
2/5/2015 at 7:09 PM

This site is messed up, keeps appearing

2/5/2015 at 8:04 PM

Charles William Γιώργος Schwartz, V I would be delighted if you helped tidy up. It's been a while since I last looked at the line but I had had a decent study connecting his family to my Reynolds - let me know if that's useful as a guide and I'll dig it out for you.

And however else we can help. It would be good to make Master Profiles as we go along: post the profile link here when ready for "field locking facts in place."

I have found this rootsweb posting to be helpful. http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=DESC&db=dowf... An extract from Dowling Family Genealogy. It is an outline of the descendants of Zachary Taylor in standard format.

2/9/2015 at 12:11 AM

Good, a report like that is very helpful for shaping the tree; anomalies will then pop out for more detail work. And you should discover some interesting characters. I'll find the ones I found and post them.

I have corrected the Ann Margaret Mackall Wood/Dr. Robert Crooke Wood family to properly reflect their four children. Most of the individuals on that line were actually Ann's grandchildren. I am working to improve the profiles as they are a fascinating lot! I don't know how to properly address the Jefferson Davis/Sarah Knox Davis (Taylor) "Hook" family. It appears to be an attempt on someones' part to state that they are descended from Mr. Davis. Knoxie never had any children, and I would love to see the Hooks go away! As to "Blandine" and "Knox" Taylor, I will attempt a creative way to make them go away. Last, but not least, is Mr. William Henry Taylor. I am fairly certain that he is real, but I have trouble with the assigned parentage. This could go on to be a Thomas Jefferson/Sally Hemmings situation requiring the line be examined for DNA compatability. I have attached a copy of Mr. William Taylor's forum reply to the William Henry Taylor profile. I have come to be fond of the entire Zachary Taylor lineage and wish the site good health! My only personal investment here is through my Second Great Uncle Albert Franciscus Schwartz who married Myrthe Celeste Stauffer, daughter of Elizabeth Myrthe Stauffer (Taylor) and Walter Robinson Stauffer. Elizabeth, in turn, was a daughter of LtGen Richard "Dick" Strother Taylor. I suppose we let these things take us where they will, never knowing where we are going until we get there. It is truly an adventure.

Showing all 16 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion