Sgt. Francis Nichols - Sgt. Francis Nichols of Stratford, Connectict

Started by Hatte Blejer on hiatus on Tuesday, January 6, 2015
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 5 posts
1/6/2015 at 6:14 PM

Please be careful. I have just had to reattach his second wife and his missing children. This early settler of Stratford, Connecticut has been mistaken for another Francis Nichols (son of Francis Nichols and Margaret Bruce). Consequently, there are numerous incorrect family trees out on the Internet.

When you see a Master Profile, with many managers, Curator Notes and a long Overview section, please read them first and start a discussion if you have questions.

DO NOT simply start detaching children and moving wives to match some unsourced tree on the Internet.

2/25/2018 at 12:33 PM

Hello, his second wife and missing child from her are gone AGAIN. And there seem to be erroneous parents.

2/25/2018 at 1:11 PM

Hannah Young

This is his second wife. I need better sources for the date of marriage with Sgt. Francis Nichols, for the birth of their daughter, Anna (Nichols) Youngs, wife of Christopher Youngs. Also verification that she had another daughter with the same name with her second husband Capt Tooker.

Not sure what she was detached from Sgt. Francis Nichols despite the explicit Curator Note and Overview but I have now locked her relationships.

2/25/2018 at 1:12 PM

Anne Youngs is their daughter.

2/25/2018 at 6:31 PM

I moved the information from the TAG article (2000) on "The English Origin of Sgt Francis Nichols of Stratford, Connecticut" up to the top of the Overview for Sgt. Francis.

That article discusses research on his parents, ancestry, first wife, and children.

I believe that the details are now mostly correct. If you are a descendant or researcher who has worked on the profile, you're welcome to see if there are remaining issues.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL. I have fixed this profile numerous times over the past decade.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion