St. Mary Magdalene - Is Mary Magdaline and Mary of Bethany one of the same or Two different people?

Started by Alfred "Ed Moch" Cota on Sunday, November 16, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 13 posts
11/16/2014 at 10:16 PM

Though there has been many recent claims stating that Mary of Magdaline is suppose to be The Spouse of Jesus of Nazareth... there has also been claims that Mary of Bethany is The Spouse of Jesus of Nazareth. In some circles, there are some that say both Mary's are one of the same?
In looking at the both Mary's, it would seem that Mary of Bethany has a more logical religious-historical account than Mary Magdeline. This is based in The Gospels, of Jesus having a clearer association with Mary of Bethany, Her Sister Martha and Her Brother Lazarus, where Mary Magdeline is more alone and seems to have a mixed reputation, while Mary of Bethany has more of a supportive reputation and similar to Mary Magdaline, more involved in the time between The Crucifiction and The Resurrection Mystery, where one seems more likely than the other.
Suppose if Mary Magdeline and Mary of Bethany are one of the same... then the stories need to be united and I rest my argument, but of not, then I side with Mary of Bethany as her being the possible Spouse of Jesus.
Another point of view is The Judaic Law known as "The Levirite Law of Marriage" (Mentioned in The Book of Ruth), whereby a Widowed Female and her children can be brought into another families household, whereby in a form of Common Law, A male member of the family (Brother-In-Law, Direct Cousin and other close Male relation) takes them into their household. If Jesus and one of The Two Mary's, being Widowed with their children were brought in under this fashion, then this is permitted and there is no conflict of marriage rites, again... this seems to go in the favored direction of Mary of Bethany.
This confusion of "The Two Mary's" is what's causing this conflict who is The Real Spouse of Jesus. This is what needs to be researched and corrected.
Again this issue is brought up again in the Religious-Historical clarification of both Mary of Bethany and Her Sister, Martha, leaving Palestine and going to what is Franc or France., but again Mary Magdaline is 'placed' there also in Fanc or France and alone... a very least likely historic fact than what is told of Mary of Bethany and Marta.

Private User
11/17/2014 at 3:33 AM

My answer is in book of Svetlana Levashova de Rohan:

http://www.levashov.info/English/svetlana-eng.html

11/18/2014 at 12:05 AM

"Jesus was anointed by Mary of Bethany. In accordance with Zechariah's prophecy, Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a donkey. It was a gesture of humility from the time of Solomon made by every Davidic king had ridden to their installation on mules. A custom of the monarch's accessibility to even the lowliest of his subjects. Among the more colorful books of the Old Testament is The Song of Solomon - a series of love canticles between a sovereign bride and her bridegroom. The Song identifies the potion symbolic of espousal as the aromatic ointment called spikenard that was used by Mary of Bethany to anoint Jesus's head at the house of Lazarus (Simon Zelotes) and a similar incident (narrated in Luke 7:37-38) had occurred some time earlier by a woman of the same name who had anointed not only Jesus's head but also his feet.

In Egypt, the anointing of the king was the privileged duty of the pharaoh's semi-divine sister-brides. It was preferred that the Pharaohs married their sisters - especially their half maternal half-sisters by other fathers - because true dynastic inheritance was held in the female line. The kings of Judah did not adopt this as a general practice, but they did regard the female line as a means of transferring kingship and other hereditary positions of influence (even today one is aid to be truly a Jew if born of a Jewish mother). David attained his kingship by marrying Michal, the daughter of King Saul.

11/18/2014 at 10:17 AM

Hello Cousin Michael... Yes, I agree that the anointing of Jesus of Nazareth by Mary of Bethany is so obvious. In my younger days, I went to a school and took The Culinary Arts. I learned how the uses and mixing of herbs and spices can be used to enhance or augment a meal. This also applies to essential oils as well. The use of Spikenard had many multi-use purposes and for Mary of Bethany, this mystery is right in front of us in how she was using this ointment.
By the way she was mixing this ointment with Her Tears and using her hair to clean the feet of Jesus, she was as you might say 'Placing her Womanly sent' on Him. In another, incident... where she places the ointment in His hair, so to obtain His Scent, this mixing of the ointment with their Hair Oil, Tears (aka: Bodily Fluids) and Dinners, is absolutely obvious of 'A Right of Love and Marriage' and the special serving of Food(s) have far more indications that Jesus was treated as 'A Prominent Member of The Family'. I rest my case. :)

11/18/2014 at 3:04 PM

Hello Cousin Al,
If you or anyone you know in show-biz should be doing a program on the Grail or the Templar Treasure I'll give you a heads up. It's not on Oak Island.
And, the story of the Grail does NOT involve the Sinclare family at all. No matter what Dan Brown wrote.

It's NOT Rosslyn, as in the chapel.
It's Roussillon, as in the old French County. I have some old maps and have been working on this for years. I have an idea where it's at should anyone want to do a serious documentary or film on the subject. - Sir Michael Barnes
mdaveb2013@gmail.com

11/18/2014 at 3:25 PM

Yes... I have been researching this back when "Holy Blood Holy Grail" was published and I wrote to Michael Biagent and pointed out some errors and additional research to look into. He responded in knowing about "Where did I hear The Rumor", In the followup book, "The Messianic Legacy" he made some readjustments and they found noted flaws in the telling of Pierre Plantard, which I found interesting after I shared some of my research.
Some years later, I personally met Actor-Performer, Clint Howard, Ron Howard's Brother and shard some stuff with him. Unfortunately, Ron or Dan Brown ever got in contact with me, but that's OK.
When the time is right, The Truth will come fully out.
So... I have been aware since I was Six and Certain Interested Parties are aware of me. So I continue to research and define the information.

Your Cousin:

Al

http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/basis/goldenlegend/GoldenLegend-Volu... Magdalene .... this is what the Papacy has on her ... i believe the 2 Mary's are one-and -the-same

11/19/2014 at 11:13 AM

Thank you Cousin's for sharing your information here. If Both Mary's are one of the same, then I think it would be toward the best advantage that Mary Magdeline/Bethany's bio be correctly combined and presented properly. I think this would remedy the extremes in the way she is portrayed, :)

Your Cousin, Al

Private User
11/20/2014 at 1:11 AM

Mary Magdalene was on a point of chronological time and geografy spice.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Chronology_(Fomenko)

Private User
11/20/2014 at 1:56 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PG9z3h5aWw
Nosovskij- Fomenko mistakes.. Excuse me.., this is in Russion and Lituanian.

9/20/2015 at 9:39 AM

Update... It has been recently discovered that "an mysterious silver ampule" was discovered at a burial site at Historical Jamestown Settlement in Virginia. This ampule was found in the grave of Capt. Gabriel Archer, one of the original officials of the founders of Jamestown. Markings were found on the ampule, suggesting the possibility that it contains relics that might belong to Mary Magdeline. They have catscanned it, but are debating to extract a sample of the bone relic inside for DNA testing to determine the contents origins without damaging and/or destroying the ampule in the process and what it may contain? According to the way Capt. Archer's body was buried... he is shown facing Eastward, toward The Middle East and/or Jerusalem, suggesting also that his being in Jamestown may have had more purpose than was first thought? I think the history of "The Archer Family" might hold additional clues as well.

9/20/2015 at 11:17 AM

Aren't Christians traditionally buried facing east?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burial#Orientation

Thanks Justin, That was a Great Read

Showing all 13 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion