Curators: My profile is good enough to be a Master Profile!

Started by Mike Stangel on Friday, November 7, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 271-300 of 1359 posts

Emily Damiano done. Lovely presentation, please continue this fascinating story.

Please make this one into a MP. Lots of photos and stories/documentation .

Dr. William Crawford Willkings

Thanks so much!

Excellent, Arthur.

Please consider this profile for an MP
Captain Thomas Hungerford, of Rathbarry

Many thanks!

Private User very good presentation of the evidence. I might suggest hyperlinking within the profile overview the geni parent possibilities for any easy "jump to examine.". Also, out of curiosity, if there's any ramifications from DNA studies as yet, or is he considered a line starter? My quick search gives me 10 year old news

http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/HUNGERFORD/2005-10/11...

(possibly a Hungerford)

Sir Stanford Cade, KBE, FRCS

Alice Zoe Marie Knapp a pleasure to "meet" him. MP made.

Alice Zoe Marie Knapp: re: Stanford Cade, Dvinsk is the old Russian name of Daugavpils, Latvia, which is about 550 km from Saint Petersburg. Calling it ‘near’ seems a bit of a stretch :)

@Alon, I will change it. I took the quoted another source, which stated that it was near St Petersburg.

Macha Méril

Maksim Pavlenko

I've submitted a request for you to authorize, as she is not deceased, but is notable.

Walter Fernando Pagliardini done. Please find projects for this notable.

re: Macha Méril - the About claims it is in English - and no other language is offered -- BUT it is NOT in English. Now that multi-languages are in - any chance anyone could address / fix that. [and maybe even put something in English, for those of us so handicapped that we only read English]

Can we MP

Sir Denis Browne, KCVO?

His wife might be MP'd, too, though she is still alive, as far as I can tell; certainly, she's a public figure.

thanks!

Private User & Maksim Pavlenko

I added a bit of English biography to the "English" about & the Russian "about" should show the Russian text.

Please check - it's the first time I've tried this.

Thomas Garey Lindt

Done.

Pleasure to have such well sourced profiles in the tree.

I have two individuals that I feel should be turned into master profiles due to confusion in some other trees where they are combined in to one. I tried to explain the discrepancy within the "About" section. Hopefully when some of the pre 1862 records are online we can add some actual records to show this....for now one other interested party and i had to compare some notes from years ago viewing microfilm, etc.

Giuseppe La Barbera

Giuseppe La Barbera

Can anything else be done to help prevent a bad merge into them down the road?

Should the date of death fields also be locked so that another merge doesn't take place into one of them and then make it looks like it matches someone else's incorrect tree? We have different parents listed for them, but I know some people would see matching death dates and assume they refer to the same person and assume that one of the profiles has the wrong parents attached and merge into it anyways...

Or is that overkill?

Thanks

John

John Dale Kessel
I will MP them, lock fields and place curator notes.

Please see the new project,

http://www.geni.com/projects/Geni-Master-Profile-Best-Practices/28084

for hints to creating a good Master Profile, and to post specific questions and issues for discussion and resolution.

I do agree Erica Howton but when my collaboraters ask after they have gone to an Archive, which I still believe to be most correct, that should be a MP. I would like to hear the comment on this.
I saw a good saying today - Genealogy without sources are no Genealogy.
It made me think hard.
Judi

Could this one qualify as MP? Jean (Jan) Kreisch, SV/PROG

Jacobus, done. If there is another curator closer in interest to South Africa I'd be happy to relinquish curatorship. It is a very well done profile!

Thank you Nico(Jacobus) and thank you Jessica. I took over curatorship.
Judi
Jessica Marie German

Hello,

I believe that Nestor Makhno is ready to become an Master Profile.

Volodya- done.

Can my own profile qualify as a "Master" profile

Showing 271-300 of 1359 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion