Pépin III "le Bref", King of the Franks - Cleaning up Pepi's 'About' Text

Started by Sharon Doubell on Monday, October 27, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 12 posts
10/27/2014 at 1:29 AM

I've had an interesting message from a user using the pseudonym Pepin le_bref: As it's filled with interesting info, I thought other managers might like to engage with it as well. We haven't had a good 'jaw' about Pepin for a long time :-). [But don't anybody else start using historical pseudonyms, as the risk of them being merged into the big tree (& the work to clean it up) means that Geni will delete your profile as quickly as they can.]

It's really overdue time that we cleaned up Pepin's 'About text', so I'll unlock his profile (temporarily) in case anybody wants to have a shot at it.

=Hello, it appears you have copied the information on the english wiki about Pepin le bref. I wrote the wiki many years ago and since then a bunch of dodo heads have changed it and invented facts.

Pepin was never called "the younger". In an embarrassing moment his dad , Charles gave him the name "short" before all the nobles on his twelfth birthday while on the balcony in the great hall. Boniface and Pepin had a standing joke; when Boniface called him short, the reply was "I'm taller than you"

The wiki also calls every battle "a campaign". Most of Pepin's battles were defensive in nature, and not a "campaign"
Pepin neither craved the title of King, or worked a deal with the pope. All of his friends thought he craved the crown because the King was a joke, and it was a pain wasting four days before he could go into battle because the "king" had to put on a show and make it look like it was his idea. As a wise ambassador, Pepin did not refute his friends, but just grinned as if it were true.=

Private
10/27/2014 at 10:26 AM

You go Sharon! Welcome back!

10/27/2014 at 12:05 PM

:-)

Pepin le_bref
11/1/2014 at 11:13 AM

Hello Sharon, Thank you for taking my comments to heart. If you have any questions about Pepin, I will let you know if an answer is fact, or what I think. It upsets me when I read invented ideas from people who have no idea what really happened. Pepin was misunderstood by many. Even his son didn't understand his goal of winning the hearts of the people, and instead went about conquering, thinking thats what his dad wanted.

11/2/2014 at 1:12 AM

Hi there.. Pleasure. Best of all would be if you started a Geni account under a real name and came and helped us manage him.

Why is it that every time I go back to him I have to find the relationship again?

11/3/2014 at 10:12 PM

No idea what you're asking Bill, :-(

I have followed him before and have the relationship, when i got back to him i have to find the relationship again. Is it people keep merging and or disconnecting the tree?

11/3/2014 at 11:10 PM

The 'tree' you speak about is very very big all the way back to him; so my answer would be "Yes, & that's a good thing" because Geni tries to calculate your shortest path everytime - but I'm no techie & I do know you often see a cached copy too.

I will pull the paths, I need to quit now, I just can't seem to stop.

11/4/2014 at 6:20 AM

It's addictive isn't it? :-)

Never ending,and always surprises.

Showing all 12 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion