Birth: circa 978 Falaise, Calvados, France
Death: circa 1045 (67)
Immediate Family:
Son of Thorgils "Sparkalagg" Sprakalegg
Husband of Doda, Princess of Scotland
Father of Harleva (Harlette) de Falaise and Renauld Lord of Croi de Falaise
Added by: Gregg Charles Wilson on October 26, 2013
Managed by: Gregg Charles Wilson and 1 other
Curated by: Myrna Huthmacher (Leonard), (C)

@Unknown Profile

@Unknown Profile

@Herleva of Falaise

@Fulbert of Falaise

10/26/2014 at 5:28 PM

myra made duplicate MPs of existing master profiles because she searched the names and didnt find a match, i have demastered them feel free to merge

10/26/2014 at 6:51 PM

I will differ to you judgment Jason or let @Private User who has curatorship of both @Herleva of Falaise & @Fulbert of Falaise

Martin I Goggle translated the info you gave and placed it both profiles of Arlette (Herlève)

I am working through my private file and double triple checking the information that I have entered previous and entering new as a I go - -

because of naming problems of the past I am coming up with duplicate, triple and sometimes quadruple entries for a profile I am trying to eliminate these in my personal file and I also check GENI to see if any duplicate profiles exists

Those like this one because of the warnings attach I post into the discussion for assistance and let the curators take the action they feel is appropriate since there is a MP'd and sometimes loced profile.

these are now crisscrossing between my fathers lineage and my mothers lineage to make it even more complicated as the relationship stated by GENI at the top goes into quite a bizarre line of wording instead of being a direct lineage of grandparents thus I end up dumping my work and starting back at the beginning with dad and chasing back through the lineage I have done over x-amount of times.

10/27/2014 at 4:57 AM

PLEASE!! Do not merge 'Doda Duwa Duxia de Falaise' with Donada ingen Maíl Coluim meic Cináeda, Princess of Scots it will cause a mess on the tree that will take days to untangle; & I think I might suffer a complete sense of humour failure as a result! :-)

There is absolutely no reason to believe that the person we think was Macbeth, King of Scots's mother & Malcolm II, King of Scots' daughter -
was also the wife of Fulbert (William), "the Tanner", Ducal Chamberlain de Falaise.
Not least of the reasons why is because she would have been giving birth to children virtually simultaneously on two different continents!

If people find the possibility intriguing, and want to follow it up with a Discussion to brainstorm the possibilities (Judith "Judi" Elaine (McKee) Burns & Martin RhNegativ), please go ahead - that might be enjoyable to chat over; but if you merge the two on the basis of no sources except someone else's online tree, I think I might put a hex out on you :-)

10/27/2014 at 10:20 AM

I am concocting a love potion now, Martin :-) Let me know if you start getting people swooning at your feet, or giving you gold nuggets (A South African specialty) :-)

10/27/2014 at 12:04 PM

Aah, it worked already :-)

10/27/2014 at 6:16 PM

Sharon - would of not merged these two any way Do not merge 'Doda Duwa Duxia de Falaise' with Donada 'Anleta' / 'Thora' ingen Maíl Coluim meic Cináeda

It was just the Harleva (Harlette) & Arlette de Falaise and WHY I completely DEFFERD to the curators involved with the profiles

I have a lot of early Scottish and Ireland lineage on both paternal and maternal sides that are criss crossing over between them as well within the maternal and paternal lines sometimes upwards over 4+ and I have this wild hope that this will all work into my husbands lines some day his children are 1st generation American as he was born in Muirkirk Scotland and his lineage thus far is totally Scotland and Ireland - the Burns/Thomas/Maxwell.Mullin/Millar/Easton maybe on day I will knock down the brick walls or get rich and can have more hired done.... needless to say I am for a perfecting these lineages to where there is no questions about them - a wild dream I known.

10/27/2014 at 11:49 PM

:-)

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion