Rob Roy MacGregor - wow..

Started by Bart on Saturday, October 11, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 16 posts
10/11/2014 at 3:14 AM

rob roy is my second cousin 11 times removed...wow..

10/11/2014 at 2:37 PM

Rob Roy MacGregor is my direct ancestor, according to one piece of information I have found. Unfortunately, a record of his children only starts when he's 36 or 37 years old. His early children are very, very hard to locate. I don't know if that's intentional or just a paperwork and information problem. But it does look suspicious.

Private User
10/11/2014 at 2:51 PM

Suspicious in what way? Wouldn't it stand to reason that they might try to fly under the radar of authorities, given that their surname was banned and there was some vigorous persecution of the MacGregors at the time?

10/16/2014 at 12:10 PM

so far have found geni much more accurate then ancestory..its a known fact the rob had children and your one piece of information compared to efforts of many families and geneologists makes you look suspicious....sir...have found mcGregors on dna matches list...

Private User
10/17/2014 at 12:14 PM

Are you certain Rob Roy HAD any "early children"?

10/19/2014 at 8:32 AM

well, there could be a conspiracy on geni to fabricate relations to please customers but in my own research I have found that everyone in those days, before birth control, had large families and started pretty early..but dna doesn't lie and I have found mcgregors on my one to many matches on gedmatch..it is a fact that had some early family members who emigrated from Scotland and wales..do you think that rob living in small communities they had back in those days didn't have any children and after his execution weren't hidden by family members??why would geni lie..actually all history from that long ago can be suspect as there are so many unknowns among people and families.dna opens so many doors to a past which we could never know..gedmatch has me as a match to marcus auralius..no way I can trace family records back that far so we and gedmatch must be confident that the sample taken was from a verified family member tracing backwards but then rome and the roman catholic church were pretty thouroh..gedmatch even has me as a match to francis of assisi who's dna was probably taken from his bones as are others..the question is where the sample came from..skull or bones known to be his burial or confessions of relatives at a later date..or accurate family records hidden till now??only the dna takers and admin. of geni know those answers..geneology and family records of famous and infamous persons is an old family habit..

1/18/2015 at 1:29 PM

I am having trouble finding info after Mordecai Gregory. His parent are Jim and Nancy Gregory. I have found where Gregory and MacGregor Changed back and forth. Some of the family settled in Iowa and Virginia and Kentucky. My maiden name is Gregory. I have 3 sons I want to make sure they know where they came from.

2/17/2015 at 12:04 AM

Dear Bart.
I'm not sure of your meaning? If you are saying "I" look suspicious, then I would ask you to look up Archibald McGregor on gedmatch, if you don't mind, and see what's there?

2/17/2015 at 3:56 AM

Mr. Barnes, somehow you have mistaken my comment of sarcasim directed toward another as adressed to you?? My comments were not directed toward you and if you have kit # i would be glad to check it out...

2/18/2015 at 7:06 AM

why would I say you look suspicious??

2/23/2015 at 7:08 PM

Thank You Ulf Ingvar Gote Martinson.

Private User
2/23/2015 at 10:24 PM

Tennie, This is the name of your ancestor, I guess.

Duncan Abrach MacGregor

And down below is your profile, you have to merge them together,
but make 100% sure that it really fit in the tree.

Unknown Profile

2/24/2015 at 4:37 PM

Private User Thank you for helping me. I hope I am on the right path.

Private User
2/24/2015 at 11:07 PM

Yes, you are.

3/16/2020 at 3:43 PM

Bart, Interesting you would mention about the MacGregor's and research in 2014. I am currently trying to prove my lineage through paperwork for the American Clan Gregor Society. Anyway, I wanted to say hello *distant* cousin. We match here and my GEDMatch number is KA220207C1 if you are curious.

3/16/2020 at 3:50 PM

Private User and [[6000000030880698464]

Duncan Abrach MacGregor is my 13th GGF. Do either of you know of anyone on GEDMatch that is a "known" MacGregor? I am currently waiting on my mtDNA from FTDNA to help with this spaghetti of a family tree of mine. I do have a GEDMatch Profile number KA220207C1 Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Showing all 16 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion