ATTENTION Curators, please assist

Started by Mike Stangel on Tuesday, October 7, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 211-240 of 5946 posts

Oton Zagorc
The parent conflict is solved but you have to take care of the data conflicts in the merged profiles.

I went over this thread today, and it was such a waste of time. Other than my empathy for Bill, I thought it illustrated how people get all wound up over the wrong things. Bill's problems also illustrate the downside of a public tree like Geni.com

Good observations Robert Allan Scrivens.

I have thought for awhile now that the image issue could be resolved by a fix by Geni so people see the image they choose. Mostly we work out issues around the public, shared tree I have found. Images seems to be more tied with emotional response and more subjective.

Please reverse the merge of Joseph & John Foy
Joseph Foy

Brothers mered in error.

Thank you.

Kimberly Louise Fraser, done, but it says: You will be notified once this revision has been undone. It should revert shortly.

There's a whole bunch of dupes that for some reason I can't merge without getting an error message

Alexander de Wolf

Private User They are all orphans now.

I don't know if curators can help with this - but I know you will try to help if you can

From http://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/6000000019997651458

try clicking on one of her father's brothers such as Louis de Wolf or David de Wolf to bring up their profile page - an unexpected error occurs.

Try resolve duplicates on Louis de Wolf from that tree view - shows something odd in place of his father.

Thanks

Mike Stangel - the 'de Wolf' area David identified seems to have some bad database linkages.

I can bring up the 'edit' from Tree View -- but it doesn't save.
Some of them show fine in profile view: Alexander de Wolf
However, others have an 'odd' profile view and while it appears to be 'connected' in Tree View, does not show any relationships in Profile View: Louis de Wolf

Thanks the issue round http://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/6000000019997651458 is now fixed.

Interesting... Private User how'd you fix it?

Mike - I thought you or Dan had fixed it. I worked on some other profiles in the area that were OK, then came back to the original problem area and found it was working fine.

Looking back a page - I would say rvk's issue raised at http://www.geni.com/discussions/142108?msg=985611 was the same issue.

Hello!

My "Remove" button from Edit relationships page is not active. Atter checking the box the button remains inactive.

The profiles I want to remove (my second parents) are not duplicates, so the issue must be solved from this page.

Assigning parents from the family tree page would split the tree. This is the message I get. I do not mind if so, but there is no option to go on with the process.

Can you please check my account and restore option or make the changes?

Thanks a lot.

Roxana

Private User, as a curator I can disconnect the wrong set for you.

I am glad to hear the good news in such a short while. Is there something I can do to help? Do you need private details?

Thanks.

Done, - in case others wonder: Cutting connections is a Pro feature, but in this case it would probably not help either since the parents that was cut was claimed/user profiles which even Pro users cannot edit unless the user itself have opened up for family to edit their profiles.

My relative Karen Greim died in 2013, but her profile is private. I asked her closer relatives for help, but they can't make her profile public either. Thanks for your help.

Jon Arnon, that is a user profile, so you have to use Report/Deceased in the Actions menu on her profile to ask Geni to close the account.

It is probably best that you ask a closer relative to send in the report.

Dear Curators, please, disconnect relationships between Joseph Stanislas Poniatowski and Louise Léopoldine Amélie Fanny Charlotte Poniatowski

There are connected incorrectly.

Erica Howton thanks

Private User
Done

Jacob Janz Decker

Please split tree to resolve paternity, correct father is Lt. Jans Broersen Decker.

Alex Moes done

Thanks Hatte, can u do same for his brother Gerrit Janse Decker please.

Done, I'll leave you to merge his duplicate wives.

thanks again

Can we have a Sticky Discussion on NOT indiscriminately creating duplicate profiles for Royals and their close relatives?

The way it is supposed to work is that you are supposed to find the '''most recent''' point at which you can attach your own line, and work from there. But people WILL just keep going and going and going....

Of particular offense is the line of descent from Henry de Huntingdon and Ada de Warenne: THREE duplicate lines for daughter Marjorie and husband, one of which is Private/Undead all the way down (and a second is full of spelling errors).
Henry, 3rd Earl of Huntingdon

Private User

Unfortunately the users who are doing this are mostly brand new and do not have a clue what is a public discussion and therefore will never see it.

Hopefully Geni will come up with a way of stopping them in their tracks.

Private User Done.

Dale C. Rice
Dale C. Rice
i receive a email from Dale informing me he cant access hes acount once again
its been a second time it hapen

Showing 211-240 of 5946 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion