ATTENTION Curators, please assist

Started by Mike Stangel on Tuesday, October 7, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 61-90 of 5946 posts

Bjorn - the e-mail that is attached to Philp is the wrong e-mail. When and if Paul decides to log on again he would log on as Philip. When the profiles were unmerged there were some things that did not get sorted out properly. Such as the e-mail, the profile picture, and birthday wishes for Paul on Philip's Profile.

I do not have Philip's e-mail however I do know he has no interest in all of this.

Again: There is just one account that is claimed: Philip, and all he need to do is to fix his own email. He was logged in today with that email.

Nevermind...apparently people are misunderstanding me...I'll just ask customer service for help

Can somebody help me split two profiles which was merged by error? Actually are not related. Kunhiraman Kamanat Sreejayan

There are no merge history on that profile, but I assume it was the connection of Sreejayan as a child you want to reverse. I have cut the connection again for you.

Thank you Mr. Brox.

There are lots of merge's which I can't do....please help.

Unknown Profile

Private User

Not sure if this is ok here or if i need to delete it and post under a diffrent topic.. but I got a request from a user who wanted to look at my tree.. I sent a lets colaberate request to Kevin William Mullen and he geni mails me back and says i don't have required rights to view edit change anything.. could some one see what's up with that? thanks.

He may not understand what 'collaborate' means ... When I request a "collaborate" I often change the default 'template' ... and may explain that this applies only to profiles of Deceased persons, not profiles of living persons.

The most successful text I use in collaboration requests is: "This gives you full access to all public profiles where I am a manager". The default text about family tree is too scary and leads you to think about giving access to close family,

Would it be possible to have that default text changed?

I find I don't send exactly the same text every time anyway, depending on who it is sent to. I try to send links to profiles that led to wanting to collaborate in the first place.

Just have some text handy for yourself to copy & paste, and modify then as fits the circumstances.

Dan,

I do that. But I can write in English, a lot of Geni users can't and for them It is not easy to change the default. A good default text would be helpful.

I most freq. will include how I am related to the person or the branch we have in common when requesting a collaboration. Don't know if it helps the person in deciding to collaborate or not, but it at least lets them know where I would like some help...

Please merge these profiles.
Private User

Unknown Profile

Please merge:
1. Sarjit Padman
&
2. Unknown Profile

Please merge: Unknown Profile & Dr Veena Shashidharan

Please merge Unknown Profile & T.M.Janardhanan (Janumash)

Please merge Prabha Rajan & Unknown Profile

Private User these profiles are all missing year of birth and death, and all references. Can you give us a pointer to what your soruces are for believing that these merges are correct?

In which country, and in which century, were these people living?

(Prabha Rajan seems an obvious merge, if she can be verified as deceased, but the two Janardhanan profiles seem to have no overlapping information).

Anyone know what "Turonenes" means?
I am guessing from the context it is Latin, some form of money or tithe?
reference is 15th century northern Europe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turones dates much further back then the 15th cen Alex Moes

Thanks Michael, but somehow i doubt my 9th ggrandfather was paying the tax man with pre-Roman Gaulish Celts?!?

The full quote (which i think is a mixture of Dutch and Latin) is:
"Drenthia ex bonis Hummoldinghe ende ten Broke tevens Godenken et Johannes quilibet II grosses Turonenes in Anno Domini MCCCCIIII"

Alex,

I do not know what it means but I found this:
http://home.wxs.nl/~hummel/uffelte.html

and this:
http://www.guyenne.fr/ArchivesPerigord/BNF/Tome33/BnF_T33.htm

I looks like you are correct in your guess

it does seem odd in 1303 if i read the roman numerals correcly Alex Moes that they would be using that method instead of the coin age that they they used in 1303 though/

Turonenes =Turoniens et Turons (french from Touraine de la ville de Tours) but it came form a word gaul (GAEL?) Turo that mean the strongs

french wiki goce alot of information http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turones

here in the wiki they talk time chronology of -57 so talking about 1303 its not the chronoligic time

the coins show -80-50 dating

How do I merge with someone's tree? I have merged with my wife's tree. Well the person that she merged with is upset with her and is messing up my wife's tree. Which in turn is messing up my tree. So how do I merge?

Private User Go to one profile of the two you want to merge This puts it in your "Recent" list. Then go to the other profile and under "Actions - Merge this profile" and enter the name. When It shows up click on merge.

How is this other person "messing up" the tree. If it is vandalism, "Actions - Report" and give the reason. Geni will handle it from there. If it is not vandalism but just a disagreement, start a dialogue with the person.

Showing 61-90 of 5946 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion