ATTENTION Curators, please assist

Started by Mike Stangel on Tuesday, October 7, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 5821-5850 of 5946 posts

Leanne M (Volunteer Curator - Australia) - on walkabout🇦🇺
I completed the merge of Eliezer Rachamim Sasson/Sassoon and others
Eliezer Rachamim Sasson .

I merged some his duplicate children but I think that 2 of them are the same person 'Judith' and 'Yehudit'. Will you let us / me know if they need to be merged together?

Hi Ann, Yehudit and Judith are the same name.
Thanks for your help.

Done = Meyer Ezra Musleah and merge the wife and child.

Leanne M (Volunteer Curator - Australia) - on walkabout🇦🇺,
Done = Manifred Luss his wife Gertrude Luss (unknown) and son Dan Luss.

Leanne M (Volunteer Curator - Australia) - on walkabout🇦🇺,
I didn't complete this merge for Private. Maybe someone else will complete it for you.

Merge(s) Done = Eliezer Rachamim Sasson/Sassoon

Could a curator please merge these profiles

Private
Private

Thanks

Hi Curators,
Mariana Bownes has a daughter Mhelerine van Wyk,but she is not my daughter,Mhelerine;'s dad,JJ van Rensburg died before she was born-JJ van Rensburg was a fiance of Mariana Bownes----can you please make a correction please.
Many thanks
Regards
Deon Carstens

Deon - done..

Janet

Request assistance to undo a merge by David Ziants on May 15.
John Jones
This guy doesn't have a clue to what he is doing. My second great grandfather John (TR?) Jones was not married to Sarah Vos and did not live or die in England. Lynn Edwards (Porat) should also be removed as a manager.

April Heddens -- I unmerged; sometimes there's some clean up needed, so please check it out.

April Heddens -- the manager you mention, though, is the person who added the profile.

I got this some time today

Dear Judith,

We've found a duplicate for a profile you manage, Joshua Emery. View the two profiles to verify that they are the same:
https://www.geni.com/c/2114c4206a85adaff2b38d517135d4b74d0c4ea1?u=%...

Merging duplicate profiles improves the data on your family tree. You have 3 profile merges to review, view the list here:
https://www.geni.com/c/2114c4206a85adaff2b38d517135d4b74d0c4ea1?u=%...

Kind regards,
- The Geni Team

But when I got to the screen to merge it it says the profile was deleted - WHY? I thought all profiles were to be merged and not delted?

I can not find any history about the action under the "revisions Tab"

IGNORE THEM!!!

The links are not only FUBAR, they will THROW YOU OFF GENI and try to force you to login under a username that is NOT YOUR OWN.

If you manage to avoid *that* booby trap, you will still have to log in all over again.

Mike Stangel Private User thanks for the warning.. Some kind of virus?

Curator, please assist with a merge:
Henning Toft:
https://www.geni.com/merge/compare/1901762?from%5Fflash=1&fsess...
And his sister Karen Blaaberg born Toft.

Hello, can someone please unlink this profile from the rest of this Appleton family - she does not belong to this branch: Emily Sophia Appleton. Emily Sophia Appleton

Private User, in the edit-relationships, I removed the parents connection for Emily Sophia Appleton

Private User, I merged Private and also many more around.

Judith "Judi" Elaine (McKee) Burns, Private User, Private, Mike Stangel - certainly a case to ignore, but nothing more than that: I guess that one of the profiles was deleted after the match message was sent.

I too prefer merges and not deletions, but sometimes they happen and sometimes they are the better solution.

Judith - if a merge would have been completed on that match before you got to it, you would get a green "merge already completed" message.

Michael - it's an authentic Geni URL, unlike a virus.

Michael, Maven - when you try to use a message link (from a mail notification) or similar URL intended to a specific Geni user, you'll be prompted to login as that user.
Here, the URLs are usable by Judith only. The login prompt does not throw you out of your account - if you ignore it and go back to previous screen, you're still in your acount. You can try one of Judith's links above.

Sincerely,
Itai Meshulam
Geni Tree Curator

Someone did a bad merge on Elizabeth Watrous and she has two sets of parents that are not duplicates. According to the source I just added, her husband is correct but parents should be Richard Lord and Elizabeth Hyde. That source is here:

https://books.google.com/books?id=rIKhN5aMelcC&pg=PA46#v=onepag...

Also since she died prior to her husband remarrying, she could not have been the mother of Jane Watterus Miner. Would someone mind splitting her tree up please?

@George Rossiter Pitman -- I've undone the last merge. Please check to see if all is well now.

Thanks Itai Meshulam and yes it was an "Official" Geni communication the Geni Logo with the footer to unscribed etc.

Yes it was interesting instead of the "Merge" competed in green said it had been deleted in green.

Oh well guess weird things do happen.

Showing 5821-5850 of 5946 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion