ATTENTION Curators, please assist

Started by Mike Stangel on Tuesday, October 7, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 271-300 of 5946 posts

I have no idea, i spent hours on this part of the tree on Friday, come Monday it's all messed up again.

Assuming the 1666 is a correct date it's quite possible the "husband" was dead by then! Looking at the maiden name of "wife 2", "Flaesbeck", suggests a link to "wife 1" or at least her last husband.

There is a girl named Sara baptised in 1683 [grand daughter of wife 1].
If the witness named Barent is the maternal grandfather then the other witness may be his 3rd wife.
It is not historically accurate but many Americans give Dutch women their husband's surname when making family trees so "wife 2" AKA Sara Schutt (Flaesbeck) could actually be Sara de Foreest who might have married Barent Flaesbeeck, the widower of Grietje Dircks, as his 3rd wife.
Which means the wife of Jan Willems Schutt remains a mystery.

1683 Mar 27; Henricus de Foreest, Femmetie Flaesbeeck; Sara; Barent Flaesbeeck, Sara de Foreest

clear as mud? :)

lol

Do we have a Discussion or Project for Orphans, i.e.; I don't know parents or relatives and the people have are historically important?

Not sure if this is the right place for it if so please ignore but I have a two parter for you guys here.. I have done some research on my family and I found a error and i need to rewrite a section.. How does geni handle step kids? I'll link to the profiles in a second.. the wife died young and the husband remaried after her death and had 1 more kid how does that get handled? also how does geni deal with adoptees? Private this is what I did with the adoptee.. what you can help with is Henry B. Douglas needs to be fixed the lawrence and donald there should be deleted or merged... thank you!

Private birth parents are not known.. Obit on find a grave which is sourced on henry douglas see henry b douglas profile.. says adpoted by a.edwin and priscilla riggs shortly after birth so I put that in instead of leaving parents blank.

Judith "Judi" Elaine (McKee) Burns could you let me know on the above thanx.

Michael since GENI does not support adopted parent

I have placed them under the biological parents if known - if not and I know their real biological name as in Helen A. Douglas (Phelps-Riggs), Adopted I hyphenate the name just a displayed in her proflle if the biological name is unknown I do as such Helen A. Douglas (Phelps-__)

I take the adopted child and place a link from that child to each set of parents with links to their names also under each set adoptive and biological parents also either in the suffix field and/or in some cases both also the the dislplay field it would display just as she is listed

Since there is little known of A.O. Riggs unless you can find census and other info family I do not see any point in generating a profile for him - he is listed as her adoptive parent in her obituary and I did bold the information so that it would stand out

- this is the only way I have found to do it without causing "conflicts" in the tree now until GENI finds a means to support adoptive parent

this is an example of what I am said above -

@Katherine Green

oops it did not take a look under the about me section and see how she is linked to her sister also adopted and her adopted parents - then when you go to them you can see how I linked them back to the to the biological parents

Marytin Brower had a sister also named Maria who presumably died young.
As evidenced by the Timeline Tab, ie. baptism 2 ears before birth, the profile for the elder sister has been merged into the younger Maria.
Is an UNmerge possible?

Here are the baptismal records for both girls:-

1722 Jan 17; Abraham Koning, Susanna de Foreest; Maria; Gerret de Foreest, Maria Koning
1724 Mar 22; Abraham Coningk, Susanna de Foreest; Maria; Adam Coningk, Tietje Van Pelt

Alex Moes
Unfortunately we can only undo merges from Aug 2014 to present.

Just create another profile. If you wish I can MP it showing 'Died Young'

ok thanks. I will take a look at that in the morning.

Could this profile's About be unlocked, it could do with a tidy up. Isaac Hendrick de Forest, I

:)
Charlene, Princess of Monaco
ttp://Albert II, Prince of Monaco?

http://www.geni.com/discussions/143696

we have NEW cousins :D

i have create the profile of the twin you can modify if i made error

public profile
Gabriella Grimaldi, comtesse de Carladès
Jacques Grimaldi, prince héréditaire de Monaco?

i try ti make them public it stay private assist me plz
martin

Hello Martin, I made them Master Profiles - the only way to make them public as they are, obviously, very much alive. I have added a few details. In a few days, there will be pictures. Not sure when the baptism will take place.

merci Mr Homs

How about now Martin

Gabriella Grimaldi, comtesse de Carladès
Jacques Grimaldi, prince héréditaire de Monaco?

thats ok but title (noble)come first ,after the name
they only one day old so they are not in fonctions.:P

Princess Gabriella of Monaco, Countess of Carladès Gabriella Thérèse Marie Grimaldi

Le prince Jacques de Monaco Jacques Honoré Rainier Grimald

its ok for now ;)
merci mr Irwin

Jacques Grimaldi, prince héréditaire de Monaco

do you need to change the display name also

na thats ok ppl can understand that way its fine
:)

Cool let mee know how I can help, if you get a link topictures send it to me and I can post them for you

Jim Wile
Please check

Showing 271-300 of 5946 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion