Started by Private User on Saturday, September 27, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 12 posts
Private User
9/27/2014 at 10:56 AM

Adam and Eve shows up as 93rd great grandfather and grandmother. Does anyone else get this connection?

9/27/2014 at 4:19 PM

Many people, in fact allmost all on Geni, are connected to Adam and Eve.

Genealogically this connection is not provable and is therefore not trustworthy.

On Geni this connection, sadly enough, is not removable because it would be reconnected again in short time. But there isn't a single genealogical line back to Adam and Eve that is provable in every link, and because of that everyone claiming a relationship to them should check for weak links. Most of you will probably find the weak links between year 1200 and 1600 during the medieval times, and you should ofcourse tryh to find out if the weak links are true, if not, the links should be severed.

9/27/2014 at 8:00 PM

Hi Gee. In fact, Geni shows Adam in several generations. Like this:

Adam / אדם / آدم . is your 118th great grandfather Adam of Eden

Adam / אדם / آدم . is your 107th great grandfather Adam of Eden

Eve / חוה / حواء . is your 107th great grandmother Eve of Eden

Adam / אדם / آدم . -3760, Garden of Eden – 2830, Olaha (Shinehah), is your 88th great grandfather. Adam of Eden
Eve / חוה / حواء . -3760, Garden of Eden – 2774, Olaha, Shinehah, sister and wife of wife of Adam / אדם / آدم . is your 88th great grandmother. Eve of Eden

Adam / אדם / آدم . is your 73rd great grandfather Adam of Eden

9/28/2014 at 3:14 AM

I've had a hobby for a while of checking if I have a direct link to Adam, and, if I have one, see if I can find a reasonable place to break it.

There are a couple of "traditional paths" based on clearly fabricated data that don't work on Geni as a result. I think that's an improvement.

The ideal pattern is that I pick someone under-documented, figure out what the source is for this theory, figure out what historians think of this source at the moment, and act accordingly; for instance, if a person from the year 1000 is regarded as an invention of a 17th century novelist, it seems safe to unlink the person from its parents as "undocumented".

Of course, writing in the profile why it's unlinked is vital - otherwise someone will come around the next day and "undo the damage" by reestablishing the link!

Yes

Shalom all,
the Biblical Tree on Geni tries to be as consistent as possible to the Biblical Sources (and many other non-Biblical sources of other religions). As Remi & Harald point out, the vast majority of the links back TO this biblical tree are BOGUS, invented in medieval times, because various two-bit "nobility" wanted to "strengthen" their prestige. We TRY and keep these links CUT, but as they are so popular new users keep on adding new copies and merging them into the main lines.

There ARE 2-3 genealogical lines back to Adam and Eve that, in the Jewish parts of the tree, back to the Exilarchs, through the linage of the Kings of Judah, to King David and Adam.

thank you for your understanding,
Shmuel-Aharon Kam
Biblical Curator

9/29/2014 at 12:19 AM

Just for entertainment .... my current "line" to Adam (not direct!) wanders through the ancient kingdoms of Armenia, Bosphorus and Pontus before linking into the biblical tree via the husband of a sister of a high priest Joshua ., The High Priest - I've not found a specific obvious link to attack on that chain yet, but I'm sure it's a target-rich environment....

10/1/2014 at 9:41 AM

Harald - I checked my own connection to Joshua, the High Priest, and found it going through the fictional daughter of Joseph of Arimathea, Anna, and the Welsh king Bran, of the Grail mythology. My own 'real' line to Adam goes from America, to Wales, then Spain, to Armenia, then through the Arab line to Bustanai Ben Haninai (Bostanai), which connects to the Davidic line of Exilarchs in Babylon. The Davidic line of Exilarchs is well documented all the way back to King Jeconiah, the last Davidic king of Judah, who was taken into exile in 597 BCE. That connects to the Biblical line which can be followed back to Adam if you accept the accuracy of David's line to Abraham, and Abraham back to Noah and Adam.

10/1/2014 at 9:59 AM

We're working on getting that Joseph of Arimathea line quarantined.

10/2/2014 at 9:52 AM

Thank you for all the hard work you do keeping things straight around here Justin.

Adam / אדם / آدم . is my husband's 119th great grandfather.

7/26/2015 at 8:55 AM

This profile is wery wery unsecure.Succes missing.So dont trust what you see.But if its ok.im genereation 98.

Showing all 12 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion