Mark Twain - Is Samuel L. Clemen's Family name, a family variant of the name "Clemm"?

Started by Alfred "Ed Moch" Cota on Saturday, September 6, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 5 posts
9/6/2014 at 2:41 PM

In looking at variations on family names, you might discover how the family tree extends to other branches that you may or may not suspect?
The root name seems to be "Clement" of French origin that crossed from Normandy to England. It is noted that both "Clemens and Clemm", could also be found in Northern New England in The United States. If there is a family tree connection... could "Mark Twain" be related to Poet-Writer, Edgar Allan Poe... by way of His Aunt and Mother-In-Law, Maria Poe-Clemm?
This opens some interesting Kin possibilities???

Private User
9/6/2014 at 3:17 PM

Mark Twain is my 4th cousin 12 times removed husbands 10th grt grandsonhttp://www.geni.com/path/Judy-Rice+is+related+to+Mark-Twain?from=60...

Private User
9/6/2014 at 3:18 PM
9/6/2014 at 8:38 PM

You seem to be more related to My Cousin/ExWife side to Mark Twain, Cousin. In truth... A portion of My Direct Cousins, personally met and directly knew Cousin Sam... Like My Direct Elder Cousin, "Joseph Henry Benrimo" etc.www.twainquotes.com/19060521.html
Though I never met Cousin J.H., I did meet His Sister, Donah Benrimo, whom I think met Cousin back then :)

Private User
2/27/2016 at 3:35 AM

@ann lavender (clemens) i am related to mark twain thro my gg grand.father william clemens wife mary roberts family. my g uncle benjamin clemens used to belong to the mark twain society in london

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion