Saint Joseph of Arimathea (Fictional Copy) - Removing, or limiting connections to Fictional profiles

Started by David Erin Patrick on Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing 31-37 of 37 posts

Justin,
I suggest you simply do what you did with Magog and create a link to the other version within the background of the character, and remove the relational links to the real world relatives of the real world version (for those who have them) of literary characters.

David, I wish it were that simple. I have the fictional King Arthur isolated from the main lines of descent, but it's an iterative process. Cut the link, refresh relationships, research the new link, document and cut the relationship, refresh relationships ... There are dozens of connections. It's not easy to just cut them all without damaging parts of the historic tree.

Martin, it's also not as simple as just deleting fictional people. Delete them today and someone will add them back, not knowing they're fake. Then, someone will have to do the research all over again. It sounds easy, unless you're one of the people who gets stuck researching the same lines every few months.

I would suggest adding the fictional relationships to the fictional King Arthur, but there are so many different versions of who he's related to, depending on whether you are talking about the Welsh, English, French, or modern versions of the stories.

Mr Swanström i can give all information about arthurian tale including thomas malory personal ending of the graal

they where 5 ender(tale continuator) with diferent version and local sauce flavor

are we add to geni game of throne personage?
star trek star wars and my werewolf genealogy?

mr Patrick have read the same book as me :) going to english or french for genealogy is ok //but proof a descent family from arthure story to a kingdom ....

its canadian now :P hehehehehe (-joke k

and if all of this is true are we put all of those secret into geni.

Take a look at the project page. I've added genealogy snippets from different sources. I think that should be enough to show that there will be no way to reconcile all the different sources perfectly. Somewhere in my files I have some outlines I used in grad school that show the commonly accepted versions in the different traditions. I'm thinking we can use those on Geni to capture the broad outline.

commonly accepted versions?
thomas malory
Le Morte D arthur

here some basic french le=to male la =to female
morte =mort in french
we say la mort not le mort
so for an english that try to write french it is a simple error

and this texte was accepted by english friend..its a story

but ok i will let you work on the Welsh just to see where it come where it go but promiss
me that never delete a message or the entire discusion.
or should we create ST-GRAAL family or mystery on geni to debunk

oak island project (who was there) it is say tha a president of usa have been there to found a mysterious (...)
Olivier Levasseur dit LA Buse ....so strange but not a story

and many more profile to add

Showing 31-37 of 37 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion