Problem with this page?

Related Projects:

Showing all 8 posts

Strada "The Fair" .

Guys can this be right?

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/pantheon/2011/01/strada-the-fair-a-myt...

For the post" I found Strada the Fair. Strada belongs firmly in the realm of pseudo-history, of myth and of the unprovable. Yet what a myth she is entwined in! Legend has it that Strada was married to Coel (that merry old soul and great-grandchild of the famous Caradoc) and gave him several children. Two of these children caught my eye and sparked my imagination: Althildis and Helen of Constantinople."

From
Justin Swanström
Today at 10:44 PM
Hi Bill. Some of us are working to gently prise profiles like this loose from the Geni tree. The best solution can be different in different cases, but it needs to always involve a public discussion with feedback from users who will be affected.

If you are interested in topics like this one the best way to start is to launch a public discussion.

So I am stating the discussion

The more I looked at her history the more I got confused. It looks like she is there three times and none with many facts to back it up.

N.N.
Flavia Julia Helena (Helen of the cross)

St. Helen of the Cross (Fictional Version)
St. Helen of the Cross (Fictional Version)

Constantine I "the Great", Roman Emperor
Constantine I "the Great", Roman Emperor

7/28/2014 at 9:46 PM

Thanks, Bill. Now we'll sit back and watch what happens.

Cool It is way beyond me.

10/24/2014 at 9:09 AM

Coel Hen ap Tegfan, King of Northern Britain

The above profile lists Helena as the daughter of Coel Hen in the "About" section, which (based on no scholarship, at all) seems more likely than that she was the daughter of an "NN Innkeeper", as in this profile.
Also, the referenced profile of Flavia Julia Helena has an almost 600 year gap between her birth & her parents.

10/24/2014 at 9:14 AM

Sorry, meant to say that I'm "tossing" Helena into the discussion about Strada since it's "all in the family" & thought both relationships could be discussed.

10/24/2014 at 9:29 AM

Sober history says St. Helen was the daughter of an innkeeper, and perhaps a prostitute before she met Constantius. Welsh legend turned her into a British princess.

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion