Thomas Hazard, Sr. - What are the sources for data about this Thomas Hazard?

Started by Randall Jeffrey Seaver on Thursday, July 24, 2014
Showing all 7 posts
7/24/2014 at 10:18 AM

Birth in 1564 in Nottinghamshire. Is there a parish register baptism entry? Is there a will of William Hazard naming his son Thomas Hazard and perhaps grandson Thomas of Rhode Island?

Death in 1589 in Rhode Island? Probably not!!

Marriage to Margaret Palmer? Where and when?

Father of Thomas Hazard (born 1610 in England). Not unless he didn't die in 1589 in Rhode Island.

I think the death place, at least, should be changed to England, or if there is a burial record in parish registers, change it to that place.

I also think the son, Thomas Hazard, should be disconnected from this couple if the death date is retained as 1589.

7/25/2014 at 2:17 PM

It would be useful to establish a reliable connection between this Thomas Hazard (Hassard) Sr and the Thomas Hazard of Newport.

While there seems to be a relatively prolific association between the two individuals through various trees, I have some concerns the association does not have a reliable source.

Is there a reliable source for this connection?

7/26/2014 at 9:49 AM

Randall

Re: your initial point. I updated the death date & location for Thomas Hazard born about 1564 to (blank).

As you can see, more research and sourcing efforts are under way. As the curator for Thomas Hazard, "Progenitor of the Hazard Family- USA" I'd like to see what these efforts result in before making any further decisions on tree placement.

It would be good if managers can make notes in the over view so was can keep track of what is found.

7/26/2014 at 10:02 AM

Following my own suggestion -

I've disconnected Margaret Hazard from impossible parents of Sir Henry Sacheverell, of Morley and Cubley & Elizabeth Sacheverille

7/27/2014 at 8:34 PM

Thank you, Erica. I have not done any original research on this family in England. In my own database, the Thomas Hazard (1610-1677) is unconnected to a set of parents. I fear that the connection here, and on other trees, to parents for "my" Thomas is spurious - someone put it in, someone else copied it, and it propagated into hundreds of trees.

7/27/2014 at 9:28 PM

Have there been any NEHGR articles on the family? I don't have a subscription but I presume it's been studied ...

2/23/2015 at 3:32 PM

Sorry for the delay in responding.

There is a Great Migration Begins sketch for Thomas Hazard on the NEHGS website. It does not provide a birth place or names of parents or siblings.

It's in Volume III, pages 294-298. I have page images if you want them for reference purposes.

There are no NEHGR references.

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion