Presidents of the United States

Started by Jerome F. Weber on Sunday, July 20, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 31-60 of 320 posts

Have any mens done the Y-dna test to see where their mens came from?

Brant... read above, in the thread... ;-) <3

Anne, your original post clearly equated Hugh Capet a.k.a. Hugues the Great.

Mr. Weber, Sir. :-)
I think, what Anne means is... If they are father and son and if the one is her ggggggggggggggggg x2 grandfather, then the other has to be just one step up and also a gggggggggggggggg x2 plus 1.
That is what you were asking, right?
but possibly, the Capet connections are from Hugh the Duke´s maternal branch... which would leave his father out... or possibly... he was adopted leaving both of his parents out of the sum total... I have not investigated nearer.. but I think... that´s what Anne was getting at.
xoxoxoxRenée

greetings to all.. I am related to George W Bush and Obama and Hugh Capet who is my 28th great grandfather.. I am still learning about others who may be in my tree.. I want to say hi to all who are related distantly and feel free to email me.. it can be hard to do research on people from hundreds of years ago and people should be nice not jerks.. it may be easy for some but hard for others.. It is just nice to find out who we may be related to and then find family we can talk and share with.. So hello to all in this post who are related and here's to all of us uncovering the past.

Theresa Renée Eléna Tossas-Cox Renée Eléna Delgado-Tossas we are 16th cousin thrice removed... feel free to email me anytime.. i am always up for talking to and meeting family.. :)

Hi Tina! Alrighty, then! Thanx, for the green light! ;-) <3

nice to meet you cousin Private User for ye are my 16th cousin once removed.

How many people are related to all the presidents

Oh gosh, i never checked on all of them.

I did just try Van Buren and Geni is saying

Joan of Acre is our common ancestor (not sure it's a good path or not)

I am a cousin of all the presidents and everyone in this discussion is a cousin 13th though 20th cousins with the exception of L3 lol Theresa Renée Eléna Delgado-Tossas is my 13th cousin twice removed :)

Renee: Anne referred to "Hugh Capet, also known as Hugues the Great duke of the Franks." In fact, Hugues the Great is Hugh Capet's father. No maternal line is involved. No adoption is involved. You might have looked at the profiles before you wrote.

Remi: as Brant suggests, the line from Charlemagne back to Clovis and his father was documented in the Middle Ages because legitimacy depended on blood lines. The Carolingians needed to prove their inheritance of the Merovingian throne. This is not the same as the problem of tracing genealogy of less prominent families before the 14th century.

This is one of the lines in geni:

Hugh Capet d. 996 > Hugues the Great d. 956 > Robert I d. 923 > Adelaide of Tours d. 882 > Hugues II the Timid d. 837 > Count Haicho d. c. 723 > Berswinde of Austrasia d. 690 > Siegbert III d. 656 > Dagobert I d. 639 > Chlothar II the Young d. 630 > Chilperic I d. 584 > Chlothar I d. 561 > Clovis I d. 511 > Childeric I d. 481

There are many geni lineages that might better be questioned. Although the Huns had no written language or history and there is no documented evidence that the Magyars are directly descended from the Huns, geni shows ascent from St. Stephen of Hungary to Attila the Hun (d. 453) and further back to Dama of the Huns (d. 685 B.C.) and all the way back to Cham of the Huns, “died before 790 B.C.” This is absurd. Note that the line of Chinese emperors ascends from Dama of the Huns’ mother back through Huang Di (26th century B.C.) and ten unnamed generations to Lord Youxiong (no dates). This is sheer legend.

Thanks Jerome! You are a wealth of knowledge about those old lines

To Theresa Renée Eléna Delgado-Tossas - Thank you for helping me clarify on the thread! yes, that is exactly what i meant. If I am descended from the son then I am descended from the father, and therefore related to any other descendants of the father.

To Jerome - Just to clarify again what I wrote This is my original post

" Well, according to geni, Hugh Capet, king of France from 987 to 996, aka .Hugues "the Great", duke of the Franks is my 30th great grandfather. So that means I am related to at least 38 presidents of the United States and 14 royal houses of Europe. And Charlemagne is my 34th great-grandfather."

Notice that altho this post may confuse the father with the son, seeing them as one and the same, the post does not require looking at profiles or making any differentiation between father and son to dome to he conclusion, which was the obvious point of the post.

I think a little mutual respect is in order here?

Thank you, Mr. Weber, for the explanation and the extent on ACCURATE information, in your work is very good and also, necessary to make good and accurate connections. Honestly, I just didn´t have the time, at that moment... or
I would´ve looked at the profiles... but even then, it can be a little confusing, with so many Hugh and Hugues, that my eyes begin to cross, literally, at some point. lol!
I just had an instinct, that I understood Ms. Anne E. Jackson´s statement. And hoped to clear up, her question... so, an answer could be provided.
And anyone, who feels the impulse may gladly, hold me for daft... but... what was the answer, again... She IS related to the Father so she IS also, related to the son... right? or no...
I admit... it does get a tad confusing, at times... depending on the current mental stamina and sleep deficits.
;-)

To answer the other questions, lingering in the round...

I am related to all of the Presidents between 3rd and 14-15th cousins depending on which path one takes, where multiply related...(I call these Double Cuz´s or Triple Cuz´s... I even have Quin- Cousin 5 connections to some other prominent profiles, on Geni, such as Elvis Presley.) and Daisi is, for sure, as well, as far as I could tell...
(no, I didn´t go to all of the profiles, yet here.) I was told this/confirmed this by BridgeAnne d´Avignon personally, who created the President´s Cousins Chart on www.weareallrelated.com.

And Joan of Arc is my 1st cousin like 20x removed or so... William Shakespeare my 5th like 17x removed or so.
xoxoxoRenée

I meant, 3rd "through" 14-15th cousins... not, "and". ;-)

Queen Elizabeth II is said to be descended from Charlemagne by a million different paths. Plausible, seeing as 10 generations gives you 1,024 ancestral slots to fill, 20 generations over a million and 30 over 1 billion. The post also said their relationship is smeared over 31-51 generations.

God Save Our Quantum Queen.

She is a particle and a wave. I would make a bad pun on pacticule but she doesn't seem to have one of those because she is a Royal and Super Celebrity who goes by her first name only most of the time.

With that kind of tree she might even have a few of his genes which is more than most of us descendants can hope for after so many generations. No one has inherited his Y-chromosome as the male lines are extinct except for unrecognized and unnamed illegitimate sons, perhaps.

Genealogy and genetics can both make your head spin in a sometimes pleasant way.

https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120504143224AAmv0Ke

It says Charlemagne is my 32nd great grandfather.

It says that Queen Elizabeth II is Charlemagne's 33rd great granddaughter.

she is also my 13th cousin - wonder what happened 13 generations ago - i am also a great grandaughter of charlemagne

I wish to say hi to new found cousins Brant Boucher Private User Ada Marie Caves Jerome F. Weber Kenneth Duane Denton and whoever else I may be related to.. Brant is my 16th cousin and rest are cousins that have been removed except for Jerome who is 20th...
I am related according to Geni to all the presidents which most are cousins removed but for @ Calvin Coolidge Jr who is 14th cousin @ James Earl "Jimmy" Carter who is 15th and George W Bush who is 11th.
and Joan of Acre, Countess of Gloucester & Hertford is my 22nd great grandmother..
Also, Hugues Capet, roi des Francs is my 28th great grandfather and his father Hugues "the Great", duke of the Franks is my 29th great grandfather.

I am still bit naive when it comes to all this but I do my best in finding things out and such.. I welcome anyone who wants to talk and add me to do so.. I enjoy meeting other family members and making new friends.. I am on here and ancestory and facebook.. Thank you all for your hard work and kindness..

Hello to Byron Jason Whitesides and Susan Lynne Schwenger... Queen Elizabeth II is my 13th cousin 3x removed and @Charlemagne is my 33rd great granddad

Hello Tina, distant cousin with a dandy French-Canadian surname that I am knowing quite well from my work in the tree.

There are a bunch of us that are seemingly related to each other here. Brant is my more closely related cousin than some of you though. Probably because I descend from a long line of Boucher blood, through my paternal grandmother.

I didn't check all the presidents, just the first 5. All cousins, some more close than others. It is really great to have so many connections. It was not like this when I started my tree work, a few years ago, but now people are adding plenty and it helps to find paths to other people.

I really love coming to Geni and have been fortunate enough to find 2nd cousins and some 3rd cousins, none that I know about before. Distant cousins are good and plentiful also.

I will have to sit down and try all the presidents, when I get time. I am very curious now.

Barack H. Obama, 44th President of the USA in my 9th cousin.

That means I "am also" connected to his family in Kenya and his family in Indonesia.

The world is really getting smaller every day.

Showing 31-60 of 320 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion