Captain Thomas Todd, Sr - Captain thomas todd

Started by Kathy Darlene May Deyoe on Friday, July 11, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 9 posts
7/11/2014 at 11:00 PM

do believe there is a wrong merge here somewhere, I have been working on my family tree for 16 years now and I have in my family tree maker software that Thomas todd is my 11th great grandfather and on here it has changed to Captain Thomas Todd, Sr is your 6th cousin 10 times removed's husband. ????????????????

7/11/2014 at 11:14 PM

Kathy there is some merging needed and then the server will need to recalculate the path. Hang in! We may hit you up with genealogy questions ....

Private User
7/12/2014 at 7:29 AM

@Captain Thomas Todd,Sr is my 9th cousin 10 times removed i am related through Agnes Gorges Judy Rice

7/12/2014 at 6:51 PM

Thank you :)

7/12/2014 at 6:56 PM

Cathy this is your path to Capt Thomas Todd
http://www.geni.com/path/Kathy-May-Deyoe+is+related+to+Captain-Thom...

If you look carefully you will see you became a cousin when the connection went from Lady Joan Halse to her sister Margaret Grenville

Do you by chance have a path from your software showing a different connection

7/13/2014 at 6:55 PM

From all my records in my family tree software ,im related to him thru his daughter Isabella Minor Todd,her daughter Ann Madison,then Her son James stodgill,his son James stodgill,his son Francis sturgill SR,his son Joel Cass sturgill, then his daughter Catherine Ann Sturgill,then her son Isaac Franklin Weaver, then his daughter Charity Catherine Weaver,then her daughter Effie Mae Malone,her son Albert Weldon may, his son William Clifford may, Me Kathy Darlene May Deyoe

7/13/2014 at 7:28 PM

Ok I went up the path until I got to Ann Madison I found this
http://www.geni.com/path/Kathy-May-Deyoe+is+related+to+Ann-Stodghil...

When I get to Ann Stodgill it shows her parents as John Madison, I and Marie Madison

So her mom is not showing as Isabella Todd

7/13/2014 at 7:55 PM

I did find a Isabella Madison and reviewing some of the revisions I found this

Revisions for Isabella Todd / Madison
Facts About Me
Back to revisions list
Changes between ←10/19/2010 at 21:52 and 9/10/2010 at 10:35→

Isabella Minor Madison is Dorothy Willard's 7th great grandmother.

Dorothy Willard (Duncan) -John Henry Duncan, Dorothy’s father-Emma Whitman, John Henry’s mother- Mary Jane Stodghill, Emma’s mother- Joel Stodghill, Mary’s father- Durette Stodghill, Joel’s father- Joel Stodghill, Durette’s father- James Stodghill, Joel’s father- Ann Madison, James’ mother- Isabella Minor Todd, Ann’s mother
--------------------
Great Grandmother of President Madison

--------------------
Madison genforum:
www.jmu.edu/madison/family/familytree.htm has a document in the form of a family ancestral tree in President James Madison's own hand that claims one of his great grandparents as Isabella Minor Todd.
Since he writes his wife's name as D.P. Todd and we know that Dorothea Payne was married first to John Todd, then we can assume the same order of naming was used for his great grandmother. So Isabella was not a Todd, and since middle names were not used then we can assume she was a Minor, if she was married only once previously.

This family outline is reproduced in "Genealogies of Virginia Families," Vol III, (William & Mary Quarterly) opposite p. 523.

Isabella WAS THE DAUGHTER OF EITHER THOMAS MINOR OR JOHN MINOR
--
When she married John Madison, she had a son named Thomas Todd.
--
This RootsWeb entry says she is the daughter of Thomas Todd 1619-09-12 Gloucester ENG + Anna Gorsuch, but that seems unlikely given the above.
--
Genforum message 28 has an excerpt from "The American Genealogist" demonstrating that Isabel was not a daughter of Thomas Todd.

7/19/2014 at 10:55 AM

oh thank you for researching that for me, See how I am going to make an ajustment on that in my family tree maker software :)

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion