Duchess Margaret of Austria - Wrong Hermann?

Started by Alex Moes on Wednesday, June 25, 2014
Showing all 9 posts
6/25/2014 at 9:43 PM

Larry W. Boelman USAF Retired in the About section you state that she married "Duke Herman of Swabia" on or around 1190, but the husband she is connected to on Geni is Hermann II who dies in 1103.

10/4/2014 at 4:36 PM

*BUMP*

12/16/2014 at 5:12 AM

There are several Hermans AND Hermanns in the family tree. Its best to consult the Wikipedia articles on these gentlepeople. In fact, some ladies and gentlemen married several people of the same name, so you must read into it further.

12/18/2014 at 5:12 PM

NO, it is not best to consult Wikipedia. It is best to try to find primary sources. Wikipedia is at best a tertiary source and as such it is considered a very unreliable source when it comes to genealogical information.

12/18/2014 at 7:37 PM

I remember the story that is in Margaret's About Me but i cannot remember who the story is about.

Googling "Duchess Margaret of Austria" does not turn up anyone that can be a match for this person, who ever she is she is definitely not the wife of Herman II, duke of Swabia.

3/4/2016 at 3:21 PM

I have tried yet again to resolve who this person may be without any success, certainly she is not the wife of Hermann II, duke of Swabia.

My best guess is that you might have meant this woman, although the facts do not match exactly:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_of_Austria,_Queen_of_Bohemia

Here is a copy of the information from the profiles About, the profile contains no other data:

Margaret was one of the first Margravines to Royalty when she became a Queen consort to the King of Germany. His untimely death left her in charge for no more than 10 years before another King was crowned and she became the Duchess consort of the Duke of Austria.

Her political prowess and skill manifested themselves again when her husband dies and she must manage the affairs of Austria until a new Prince is found.

Still a powerful figure, with experience and a reputation for leadershp un-parralled in the annals of the times, she finally becomes Queen of all Bohemia.

Around or before 1190, she married Duke Henry of Swabia and passes the throne to her eldest son.

3/4/2016 at 4:48 PM

Do you have a link to the profile you are asking about?

3/4/2016 at 5:24 PM

She is gone now, i smerged her into Herman's actual wife.

3/4/2016 at 6:43 PM

Good enough. If she was real and just misplaced, she'll be back. Maybe she already is ;)

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion