Matilda of England, Duchess of Saxony - heinrich the lions daughter

Started by Åsa Teresia Elisabet Alderlöf on Tuesday, June 17, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 13 posts
6/17/2014 at 12:34 AM

a Little question is Heinrich burwin really related to Matilda of England, a wikipedia page says that it is daughter of her husbands mistress? how sure are you of this ? bye

6/17/2014 at 3:00 AM

From the same page i quoted in your other discussion:

Duke Heinrich had one illegitimate daughter by Mistress (1):

j) MATHILDE (before 1164-before 1219). The Annales Stadenses refers to the wife of "Borewini" as "filiam…naturalem [ducis Henrici]"[490]. Arnold's Chronica Slavorum names "filiam Heinrici ducis…Mechthildam" as the wife of "Burvinus filius Pribizlavi"[491]. Her marriage was arranged in furtherance of the alliance agreed between Heinrich "der Löwe" Duke of Saxony after he enfeoffed Heinrich Borwin's father in 1167[492].

m (before 30 Dec 1178) [as his first wife,] HEINRICH BORWIN I Fürst von Mecklenburg, son of PRIBISLAW Fürst von Mecklenburg & his wife Woizlawa von Pommern ([1150]-28 Jan 1227).

http://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/BAVARIA.htm#HeinrichXBavariadied1139B

So Heinrich Borwin was the husband of Matilda of England's husband's illegitimate daughter.

6/18/2014 at 5:21 AM

yes, but why have they not changed it?

6/18/2014 at 6:02 AM

Because there is no "they".

The Geni company just provides software and disk space to save the data.
It is up to users/customers to build profiles and family tree.

Matilda is a good example, 156 people have made Geni profiles for her and they have all been combined into the one profile you have looked at, it's understandable that of those 156 people one or two of them might have got confused or pushed the wrong button or not been able to read something properly.

The Geni World Tree is a collaborative effort and that sometimes means bad information as well as good.

Private User
6/18/2014 at 6:27 AM

In this particular case it is going to take a Curator to fix the mess, because the profiles have been locked up so tightly. And they take a LOT of convincing.

Private User
6/18/2014 at 6:44 AM

Notified the profile managers. That's all we can do, really.

6/18/2014 at 7:49 AM

What am I missing here?

The discussion so far seems to be about the parents of Matilda von Sachsen, a profile that is not locked and could be easily changed.

6/18/2014 at 8:53 AM

Dear Geni freinds
First to Aleksander: Its so tru so tru, but many users do think there is a they. But they are all of us
I have unlocked Borowins Profile today.
Next I will say its almost impossible to find out, what actually took place a 1000 years ago!!
One is for sure Heinrich was married to Matilda, but if or not she was mother to the next Matilda is uncertaint.
I have kept it as is was, I don't have any reallyable source saying anything else.

Private User
6/18/2014 at 9:19 AM

@Matilda of England ,Duchess of Saxony is my 23 grt Aunt and her mother is my 23 grt grandmother Eleanor of Aquitaine Queen of France @ Englandhttp://www.geni.com/path/Judy+Rice+is+related+to+Matilda+of+England... this is my linehttp://www.geni.com/path/Judy+Rice+is+related+to+Eleanor+of+Aquitai... this is my line to her mother Judy Rice

Private User
6/18/2014 at 9:20 AM
6/18/2014 at 10:59 AM

@Matilda of England, Duchess of Saxony
And still my line, almost red with a tuch of blue
Chrissie Kjær

6/18/2014 at 11:58 AM

well, I am very unsure who is the mother, I have written one time that Matilda only was married to henry 1 year.

6/18/2014 at 8:35 PM

Based on the info from MedLands there is enough information to make this change. Prof. Herbert Stoyan identifies her mother as Ida von Blieskastel.

I made that change but didn't lock the names, in case someone wants to discuss it further.

Showing all 13 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion