• Private User
    Geni Pro

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 11 posts
6/12/2014 at 5:40 AM

There seems to be a generation missing.

The father here, Rotho, dies in 1051 but NN is born c.1070

Rotho's father is Rudolf von Werl, Graf im Mittleren Friesland

If Rotho/Rudolf had a son named Rudolf it would be possible that his name might be shown as Rudolf Rudolfz van Fivelgo.
We know Fivelgo is in Groningen but 1000 years ago Fivelhgo might have been territory of the Count of Friesland.

Private User
6/12/2014 at 6:06 AM

It surprise me that people are certain about dates on a profile when you don't even know the name ;-)

Private User
6/12/2014 at 8:10 AM

his grandfather
Rudolf von Werl, Graf im Mittleren Friesland
has a good link to information
http://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/SAXON%20NOBILITY.htm#HermannIWerle985
a lot is uncertain of not known
if you like to dig deeper, be my guest
Hendrik Niklaas, Henk Hummel has made the connection.

6/12/2014 at 4:52 PM

Jacobus, it's NN that needs researching not Rudolf.

As you say Rudolf is well known, his son Rotho, Bishop of Paderborn is more questionable, the only info i can find is the German wikipedia, they do list a source book which maybe Justin Durand has access to.

There is no suggestion that Rotho/Rudolf married or had any children.

I cannot find anything online about a "Rudolf Rudolfz van Fivelgo"

The profile NN van Bierum only has a reference to a website so doesn't count for much. His birth date is calculated/guessed (Bjorn) based on the births of the following generation, which are probably guesses in themselves :)

I have a bit of a vested interest in this profile as it is my only vertical path into the World Tree:
NN van Bierum is your 23rd great grandfather.

6/12/2014 at 4:56 PM

Just to clarify the article in German Wiki is not certain of Rotho's parentage.

English Wiki says he is of the von Werl family but doesn't even speculate as to how.

I don't know if he even gets a mention in wiki.NL

Private User
6/13/2014 at 3:30 AM

so, what is you suggestion
break te link? I don't care.

6/13/2014 at 4:15 AM

No suggestion yet, just questions :)

6/16/2014 at 3:36 PM

I was thinking about this last night

The profile of N.N. van Bierum is created only on the basis that Bishop Hardbert and his brothers must have had someone for a father, we don't actually know if his name would have been van Bierum.

The only hint of a link to the von Werl family is that Bishop Rotho was also known by the name Rudolf von Büren, but then it is not certain who Rotho even was.

So we have a real person that might have been in one family connected to an unknown person who was definitely in another family.

Hendrik Niklaas, Henk Hummel, I really would like to know what evidence exists for this link.

Failing that, George J. Homs,could you suggest any sources that might connect van Bierum to von Werl?

10/28/2017 at 5:20 PM

I have disconnected NN van Bierum from his "father", no new evidence has come to light and i think 3.5 years was sufficiently patient of me :)
I have also locked the profile's relationships so that he cannot be reconnected, hopefully no one gets too upset.

I have left Rotho, Bishop of Paderborn connected to his "parents" for the time being, although Medlands does not connect them, as he would otherwise become a floater.

Private User
7/23/2019 at 9:38 PM

Sorry Alex,
I completely forgot about this.
I hope I have not given you much trouble.

7/23/2019 at 10:21 PM

No trouble at all, i'm excited that someone is interested in these profiles but we need to be looking for evidence to support these theories.

Showing all 11 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion