Pierre Jourdan de Belle Etoile, SV/PROG III - Distinguishing two Pierre Jourdan French Huguenot Progs

Начала Sharon Doubell суббота, 7 июня 2014
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

• Geni Pro
  • Private
    Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private
    Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni member

Упомянутые профили:

Проекты:

Показаны все сообщения (17)
8.6.2014 в 12:16 до полудня

I have begun to disentangle these two namesakes, both on the Berg China - but from two completely different families: Pierre Jourdan, de Belle Etoile SV/PROG 2 and Pierre Jourdan, de Cabrières SV/PROG 3

I have followed Harry Booyens' carefully elucidated argument 'Pierre Jourdan de Cabrières and Pierre Jourdan de Belle Etoile on http://www.e-family.co.za/ffy/RemarkableWriting/Pierre%20Jourdan%20...
Where Booysens points out that 'The original work by
De Villiers and Pama incorrectly assigned some of the children and omitted one Pierre Jourdan.'

I think it's Private has carefully added this article to the family profiles, and thank her for doing it.
I'm just sorry we didn't MP them earlier because they're a mis-merge waiting to happen.

Anyone with time might want to check through the family lines and the attached documentation to be sure it's all now correct as stands.

Private
9.6.2014 в 12:59 до полудня

My beker is vol this week and next Sharon. I am sitting with "stapels" of DN's and estates to allocate and work through the pictures on this poor PC and then I have to take a day to go to the Archives to follow up.
Sorry nig.

9.6.2014 в 1:24 до полудня

:-)

Private User
9.6.2014 в 1:51 до полудня

Can we use SV/PROG 3 instead of SV/PROG III (as per our Guidelines)

http://media.geni.com/p13/dc/30/90/83/5344483bdb07c8a4/sa_geni_prof...

Great to see all the activity lately! :-)

Private
9.6.2014 в 7:49 до полудня

I'll be happy to do it. I've put a lot of information on their 'About me's' already. Later tonight?

9.6.2014 в 11:49 после полудня

Thanks Jansi -you're a star. I'm sorry it took me so long to see it.
Agreed Donovan , I wanted to change it right away -but then decided that I first needed to figure out whether it was used to try and remind us that we still needed to think through the difference, to ensure that we don't suggest that the one Pierre Jordan isn't a 3rd brother of the same family.

9.6.2014 в 11:58 после полудня

Jansi I'm mostly working off a tablet here at the beach, and it's not so suitable forchecking trees and documentation. Because the two Pierres were one at some stage, their places of birth , death , residences in SA were conflated and I wanted someone to check that I've split these up correctly and removed the documents from where they don't apply.
Especially where this information is unknown for one of them, but quite definite for the other;and also where the incorrect info about birthplace, etc had been extrapolated to the Jean Jordan brother.

10.6.2014 в 12:00 до полудня

After that I think it would be wise to lock the fields.

Private
10.6.2014 в 2:43 до полудня

Agree on all. SV3 -100%.
Jansi and Sharon I feel the same. Too much has been done and undone and the Jordaan tree.
That goes for Marais Charles SV1 and Charles SV2

Private
10.6.2014 в 8:48 до полудня

I've checked them both. All appears to be in order. I think I added the baptism entries for Pierre J3's daughters - did you (Sharon Doubell) inadvertently remove them?

10.6.2014 в 10:09 до полудня

I don't think I did, Jansi - I don't think I could on the tablet (although, by the same token - perhaps then I could have without knowing it); but I also didn't look at his daughters at all (I don't think).
Were the docs attached to his profile? And more important - are they now lost? :-(

Private
10.6.2014 в 9:09 после полудня

Sharon, I don't think you would be able to on a tablet. I can't really remember whether I did attach them or not.

Anyway, I found them attached to the daughter's profiles and also linked them to the parents.

10.6.2014 в 11:49 после полудня

Ok great. I'll lock down the fields to keep them correct. Everyone just yell if you want to add new info -the idea is to keep safe not prevent other research work.

I'm still thinking through the status as SV PROG 3. Maybe we should raise the question on the Stamvaders project. It's a new situation and perhaps we should all have decided together.

13.6.2014 в 1:55 до полудня

Have locked fields - and also for the brother: Jean Jourdan, de Belle Etoile SV/PROG I.
I put a note on all three directing them to this discussion, and reiterating that we want new research added, so the locked fields are to prevent mash-ups, not deter research.

7.6.2016 в 12:48 после полудня

So, two years later, after another rompslomp, I got around to making a project to help us keep these Jourdans straight: https://www.geni.com/projects/Jourdan-Jordaan-Genealogy-of-South-Af...
Do come and join and add stuff if you're connected to or interested in the Jordaan family in SA.

Private User
19.1.2017 в 2:37 до полудня

You guys are amazing. Fairly new to the ancestry bug, and I would just like to say THANK YOU from all us noobs out there. Keep up the awesome work : )

19.1.2017 в 8:45 до полудня

:-) Thank you - it's so nice to be appreciated :-)

Показаны все сообщения (17)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении