Gerhard III, Graf von Dagsburg & Egisheim - Gerhard's parents

Started by Private User on Wednesday, June 4, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 61-67 of 67 posts

Off to bed, just wanted to add a Tothill to the tree, they need a "legup" :) Night Curlie :)

Markgrafin Brigitte von Sachsen, Markgräfin von Brandenburg only seems to have one parent
Father was:
Albrecht I Von Sachsen Herzog und Kurfürst

Private User

If you merge your Brigitte with this one: Jutta von Sachsen, Queen Consort of Denmark she will have three parents! :)

Alex, I'm going to try to tackle some of your requests tonight. I warned you at the beginning that I'm insanely busy at work until the end of June then on vacation until mid-July but (knock on wood!) the phone isn't ringing off the hook and I might actually get a bit of time for fun.

I know how busy you are and staying up all night isn't the best idea.

I did ask for help in the Curators thread but you know how that turned out.

Ta :) I don't mess in that area, so, maybe Justin can look at it ? :) I am best in English speaking/looking names, and those Danes are SO fussy LOL

Alex, I made some progress tonight but not a lot. I did one of the merges you wanted. On the other I thought it might be better to keep them separate and just re-sort their spouses and children. I got a good start on that.

Medieval lines have an unfortunate tendency to drift, as successive merges mistakenly add new spouses and children. Half the battle is trying to figure out who the profile is supposed to be, as opposed to who it says it is ;)

I've used a different numbering system than MedLands uses, so it's taking quite a bit of time to match the identities. Not sure where either system came from. Mine might be from Schwennicke, but I wouldn't swear to it.

I'm seeing that this line does not match the arrangement I have or the arrangement MedLands has (which are themselves slightly different in places). I have some notes that suggest the "screwed up" line on Geni might actually reflect a particular source, but no time to dig into it now.

I'm using MedLands for the Geni version.

I'll come back in the next day or two and see where you are with it. Let me know if you need something quicker.

Showing 61-67 of 67 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion