Joan Plantagenet Beaufort, Countess of Westmorland - Joan Plantagenet Beaufort is your 20th Great Grandmother

Started by Aimee C. Speidel von Ofterdingen on Friday, April 11, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 18 posts
4/11/2014 at 12:48 PM

She is my 16th great grandmother.

4/12/2014 at 2:45 AM

She is my 15th great grandmother. This makes me a generation older than you, which is true. We are related!!!

Private User
6/19/2014 at 6:03 PM

She is showing as my 15th great grandmother

6/20/2014 at 8:29 AM

Joan Beaufort, Countess of Westmorland ismy 17th great grandmother

Private User
6/20/2014 at 6:16 PM

Was my 11th GG now;
Joan Beaufort, Countess of Westmorland is your 7th cousin 19 times removed.

Private User
6/20/2014 at 6:23 PM

Something must have been wrong there before, because John Gaunt has always been some distant cousin.

Private User
6/21/2014 at 1:31 AM

She is my 16th great-grandmother three times over, and my 15th great grandmother

Private User
6/21/2014 at 2:10 AM

How can you find that out? I'm sure I have that with some people because it changes.

All I know about is what shows up when I click on the link to see how I'm related, profile by profile.

Private User
6/21/2014 at 2:17 AM

http://www.geni.com/projects/HistoryLink/14021 will show you that, when you get here, you have to click till you get to a page to give permission for the app to anylize your ancestors.

You then need to select different options.

I do 4 reports, as it seems like options do not overlap.

You can go as far back as you like.

This is where projects come in to their own, when you see the results, you will see what I mean, and start adding profiles to projects :)

Message me if you get stuck.

Private User
6/21/2014 at 2:57 AM

Thank you Sharyn Proctor (Duthy) my 22nd cousin once removed via Erik V Klipping Konge af Danmark (22nd great grandfather), of whom I'd not heard before. I will give that a go and message you if I get stuck.

Private User
6/21/2014 at 3:52 AM

Well that is fun. It can't do much but it is fascinating.

For 1320 hits, I have a 2.6% count of historic figures and about a 6% count of MPs.

There are so many projects listed I'll have to study it for quite a while.

Interesting how I have so few ancestors (1%) way back then but then it taps into all these MPs that grow exponentially.

I don't understand the colour coding on the graph of ancestors. But I do see huge gaps in my tree after the 4th and 5th generations that I need to work at filling.

I knew this from what I'd found. Only three of my ancestors from four generations back tap into all the historic figures.

There may be more :-)

Private User
6/21/2014 at 3:57 AM

I've looked more closely at the graph. There are generations going way back for certain ancestors that I was nor aware of, particularly the Greenlees and the Kers.

Private User
6/21/2014 at 4:15 AM

I'll follow the projects for which I got most hits.

I already was following Court of Henry VII (33)

Kings of Scotland: House of Stewart (12 hits)

English and British Monarchs (27)

I am now also following:

The d'Aubigny and de Albini families of Norman England, Lords of Arundel and Belvoir (39 hits)

British Peers and Baronets (561 hits)

Swedish monarchs (11 hits)

Kings and Queens of France (32 hits)

Italian wars (18) I should think about

Exciting stuff!

For no one do I have more than one path, as far as I've seen

12/3/2016 at 9:44 PM

Joan Beaufort has conflicting info on who her mother is: either Katherine Synford or Blanche Unk. Does anyone know or have any data on either Katherine of Blanche, her "mother?"
On geni she is my 17th GGM, on ancestry my 16th GGM- I am going with the easier to correct tree of ancestry.com.

Private User
12/4/2016 at 3:10 PM

A vast amount is known about Joan Beaufort, whose ancestry is not considered controversial. See the well-researched biography of Katherine Swynford by the historian Alison Weir, for starters. Joan Beaufort's Wikipedia entry is quite informative. She was certainly Katherine's daughter, or she would not have been given the name of Beaufort.

Joan Beaufort is also my ancestor, at least seven times over.

12/5/2016 at 1:25 AM

Blanche was John of Gaunts first wife. They had a son and two daughters named Henry, Elizabeth and Blanche. Joan is definitely Katherine Swynfords daughter.

12/6/2016 at 1:06 AM

Thank you, Robert and Carrie Ann!

Showing all 18 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion